PNC Security Specialist in Urbana, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
102173 Security Specialist
Provides technical evaluation and analysis in a specific Security area. Supports activities, process, and tools needed to improve overall security posture of the organization. Primary responsibilities do not include Architect or Engineering responsibilities.
Applies security concepts, reviews information, executes defined tasks, analyzes requirements, reviews logs, and creates documentation. Performs investigation and data loss prevention, data manipulation, and coordination of activities. Performs actions to address or mitigate risks and vulnerabilities. Reviews and defines controls.
Advises on more complex security procedures and products for clients, security administrators and network operations. Participates in enforcement of control security risks and threats; potential of one more controls subject to manager discretion. Shares knowledge with staff.
Conducts security assessments and other information security routines consistently. Investigates and recommends corrective actions for data security related to established guidelines.
Develops policies and procedures to standardize security functions and eliminate potential vulnerabilities and threats. Oversees that business needs are being met during development.
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
PA374 - Two PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Urbana, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Information Security Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the processes, tools and techniques of information security management, ability to deploy and monitor information security systems, as well as detect, resolve and prevent violations of IT security, to protect organizational data.
Information Security Technologies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions dealing with information security issues; ability to apply these in protecting information security across the organization.
IT Environment - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's IT purposes and activities; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
IT Systems Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of technical tools to guarantee service availability and ensure IT system performance.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Information Assurance - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to protect information and information systems while ensuring their confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Software Security Assurance - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to detect and prevent data security vulnerabilities of coding throughout the software development life cycle within software development organizations.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Cyber Security Consultant within PNC's Cyber Security organization which is part of the Chief Information Security Office (CISO), you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH. Remote work is an option for well-qualified candidates.
PNC's Ethical Hacking Team uses cutting edge techniques and technologies across a diverse set of applications, infrastructure components, and platforms. On a daily basis, you will work with members of the MIS, Development Operations, Vulnerability Management, and other Information Security teams. Your primary responsibilities will be in the Development Security Operations Team and will include performing dynamic and static analysis security testing in the software development lifecycle as well as educating clients on the discovered vulnerabilities and their inherent risks.