Comcast Rep 2, IT Support in Tinley Park, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for technical hardware and software support under moderate
supervision/guidance. Has developed knowledge and skills in own area.
Works in a structured environment and applies standard policies and
procedures. Requires some basic problem-solving. Works with moderate
supervision/guidance. Is accountable for individual results and impact
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Performs moves, adds, changes, and maintenance activities for
desktop/laptop computers, telephones, and printers. Installs new
equipment for users and replacement of non-functioning equipment.
- Educates end users regarding computer and software operations,
including basic how to's and best practices.
- Performs network troubleshooting. Makes recommendations on computer
- Provides assistance in moving and re-installing equipment when
- Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of
network file server backups and disaster recovery.
- Ensures complete and reliable security for sensitive data.
- Performs work in a timely manner and is responsive to users' needs.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (G.E.D.)
Prefer 1-2 Year College
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science/Technology, Computer Science (preferred)
Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
-MTA: IT Infrastructure (preferred)
-MCSA: Windows 7/10 (preferred)
Formal Technical Training:
-Online Dell system training DOSD Tier 1 Support (Dell Level 1 Self Maintainer)
-MS 349-Windows Operating System Fundamentals
-MS 365-Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
-MS 366-Networking Fundamentals
-MS 367-Security Fundamentals
-MS 6292-Windows 7, Configuring
-MS 6293-Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator
-MS 10961B – Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer