Walmart Director, Continuous Improvement-Supply Chain (North Region) in SPRING VALLEY, Illinois
1243223BRReq ID:1243223BRCompany Summary:What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.Job Title:Director, Continuous Improvement-Supply Chain (North Region)Time Type:Full TimeCity:SPRING VALLEYState:ILPosition Description:Walmart Supply Chain is building a new team to bring zero-loss, TPM and Lean principles and methodologies to drive our next key breakthroughs within our Distribution network and facilities across the US. As a member and leader of this team, our Directors will act as servant leaders by teaching, coaching and mentoring all levels in the organization. The Director will create a culture of continuous improvement that sustains by transferring their knowledge and skills to allow our associates to become engaged, enabled and empowered to own processes and solve problems.
Successful candidates will have experience managing a multi-site continuous improvement organization (Total productive maintenance, World class manufacturing) with a track record of process driven results.
In addition to the above, the Director Continuous Improvement, Supply Chain will have the opportunity to:
• Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
• Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
• Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
• Travel extensively throughout their assigned divisions to build strategic capabilities and problem solving abilities amongst our supply chain associatesMinimum Qualifications:• 2 years supervisory experience OR 2 years experience leading cross-functional teams.
• Bachelor s degree in business, social science, communications, or related field and 4 years experience in retail merchandising, operations, or related field OR 6 years experience in retail merchandising, operations, or related field, including 2 years project management experience.Additional Preferred Qualifications:• 3-5 years of experience running a full site operation (multi-disciplinary) in an operational excellence environment ·
• 5 years of experience managing a multi-site continuous improvement organization (Total productive maintenance, World class manufacturing)
• Experience leading change initiatives
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or similar technical field
• Proven track record of process driven resultsCategory:Supply Chain and Logistics Status:SalaryBrand:Walmart