Comcast Scientist, Enterprise Data and Analytics in Schaumburg, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Are you interested in creating intelligent applications that impact millions of people on a daily basis? Do you have experience in engineering and deploying Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning solutions in at least one or more of the following areas Media Analytics, NLP, Scene Detection, Scene Understanding, Object Detection, or Anomaly Detection? Do you want to build world class AI/ML driven media systems that deliver video to millions of customers every day? Do you want to help us develop intelligent services that continuously monitor our millions of devices and applications and can automatically determine the best actions to take based on the current context?
The Comcast Applied AI group is currently looking to grow our group with senior and junior engineers that have experience in developing and deploying media analysis, NLP, Scene Detection and Understanding, Anomaly Detection, Computer Vision, Image and Audio processing and other applications using Artificial Intelligence at scale.
We are an innovative research group within Comcast's Technology & Product organization with offices in Chicago, Washington, DC, Silicon Valley, Philadelphia, and Denver that does groundbreaking research to support the development of novel Deep Learning and Machine learning based products for Comcast's 22 Million consumers.
Comcast is the largest provider of TV and Broadband Services in North America, the largest provider of TV search and discovery applications in North America, & the 6th largest provider of search on the web, and a leading provider of smart home solutions.
The positions can be located in any of our locations, though Chicago and Washington, DC are highly preferred. We feature an informal, open atmosphere, and cultivate a start-up culture with the backing of a Fortune 50 company. The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
We are looking for both junior and senior engineers, and the ideal candidate will have experience working as a technical lead or junior team members in a start-up, industrial, government, or academic lab setting on computer vision, nlpand/or machine learning projects.
Applicants should have strong programming and software development skills, and be comfortable working in an interdisciplinary, team-oriented, applied research and engineering environment.Familiarity with Python, C , Docker, GPU computing and knowledge of computer vision and machine learning frameworks such as OpenCV, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc. and how to deploy them is highly desired. Experience with broadcast and process automation technologies would be a positive.
- Develop, implements, refines and validates machine learning algorithms for products and applications.
- Designs and develops data pipelines consisting of data ingest, data validation, data cleaning, and data monitoring.
- Trains machine learning models, validates the accuracy of the machine learning models once trained, and deploys them into production.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Contributes to the company by creating patents, API's and other intellectual property.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies, testing and reporting.
- Designs proof of concept solutions and contributes to studies to support future product or application development.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Provides guidance and leadership to more junior engineers.
Education Level: Master or PhD.
Field of Study: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Science with experience in one or more of the following areas: Multi-modal media Analysis, Computer Vision, Image/Audio Signal Processing, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, or Data Science.
Years of Experience: Generally, requires 3-5 years related experience after Masters or recent PhD.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer