MB Financial Bank VP Underwriter ABL - 6111 N River Rd in Rosemont, Illinois
Responsible for underwriting and pricing asset based lending transactions for the Bank, both strategically and tactically. Responsibilities include structuring the transaction, credit review, loan committee preparation and presentation for approval, risk management, funding, operations and loan documentation.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are the most significant job duties performed. The size, scope and complexity of assigned duties and responsibilities are dependent on the level and experience of the incumbent. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each assigned essential duty satisfactorily. Other responsibilities or special projects not specifically mentioned may also_ be assigned.
- Performs loan structuring and advising loan committee. Prepares presentation materials of credit for approval. Documents and closes, hands off to Bank credit. Sets up loan operations and cash management.
- Effectively translates business needs into solutions through effective communication.
- Ensures processes, systems, and procedures effectively meet servicing requirements for loans and cash management, while adhering to Bank policies and regulatory requirements.
- Provides guidance on and effectively works with the collateral management, field examiners, loan processing operations and others to identify solutions to business issues and recommends alternatives for on-going processes.
- Manages third party relationships with attorneys, appraisers, consultants and investment bankers.
- Understands and complies with all Bank policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations pertinent to this position; stays informed and shares updates on changes with management. Required to successfully complete all required Compliance training.
- Continuously supports the Bank’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
Supervisory Responsibilities_ _This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may lead the work of others.
_The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
**_Education and Work Experience
Bachelor's degree and 7 plus years’ related experience which preferably includes 5+ years working with structured pricing and closing transactions within a financial institution or banking environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses**
**_Job –Specific Knowledge
_** Credit -Knowledge of one or more of the following: asset based lending, commercial and consumer credit regulations, policies, and procedures; loan analysis, restructuring, and documentation; collection techniques; structure financing analysis.
Loan Documentation –Ability to read and interpret commercial loan documents and a solid understanding of loan/ banking terms.**
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.**_
- Basic knowledgeof Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge of software applications applicable to position/business unit.
- Identifies opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develops / recommends / implements solutions.
- Develops insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results.
- Composes thorough and detailed written documentation.
- Utilizes variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes, or cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build partnerships within the organization including the ability to communicate with and understand the needs of other internal clients.
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver complex loan transactions on time and within budget.
- Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
- Self-motivated. Works with minimal supervision.
- Leadership skills to deliver results through a team. Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally.
**PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
_The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit.
Position is located in an office / cubicle work space with moderate noise level. Hours of work are normal business hours with occasional extended hours which may include nights and weekends. Jobis always fast-paced and deadline sensitive.
MB Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.**
As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a pre-employment urine drug screening.