US Foods Staff Accountant II in Rosemont, Illinois
Responsible for end-to-end process and analysis and preparing accounting/tax and reporting activities. Delivers timely and accurate finance and accounting services in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and consideration of proper SOX controls. Collaborates with corporate office functions and divisional accounting/ analysis/tax activities. Performs compilation, posting and review of assigned month-end journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepare month-end journal entries and complete general ledger account analysis.
Prepare periodic financial statements and supporting schedules (profit & loss, balance sheet).
Compile and provide audit support as requested by internal and external auditors.
Develop and maintain databases to facilitate accounting and reconciliation activities.
Assist with projects, research and system related tasks as assigned.
Develop end-to-end process and business knowledge of assigned area
Skilled at demonstrating the values and behaviors of the Company Cultural Beliefs
Responsible for moderately complex accounting activities related to maintenance of complete and accurate general ledger, reports, and financial statements.
Respond to moderately complex questions within existing policies and procedures, exercising some independent judgement.
Provide functional advice and training to less-experienced Staff Accountants.
Other duties as assigned by manager
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of US Foods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foods authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related analytical field required (or related experience)
Job relevant certifications preferred (e.g. CPA)
· 2 years of relevant work experience required (in role or similar role)
· Intermediate skills using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
· Prioritization/Organization/Multi-tasking - Able to organize work and meet deadlines without regular guidance
· Attention to Detail - Regularly provides work that is accurate, thorough and consistent
· Communications - Verbal & Written skills are clear and concise
· Analytical - Strong analytical skill
· Problem Solving - Solves problems mostly independently, some of which are complex
· Independent Thinking - Manages assigned tasks with little direction
· Team Participation - Collaborates well with team members and other work associates
· Interpersonal - Has established strong working relationships with others
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Accounting
Job Level: Individual Contributor