US Foods Sr. Financial Analyst in Rosemont, Illinois
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Sr. Financial Analyst will lead the process in providing monthly financial reporting, ad hoc analysis, and analytical evaluations of Company and/or project related performance; Lead special projects or initiatives. Develops insights into business performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct special financial and business related analysis as requested in such areas as margin and expense performance, marketing promotions, capital spending, project IRR, and working capital. Make recommendations to improve performance.
• Identify favorable and unfavorable data/spending trends. Work with business functions and/or Sr. Financial Analyst to provide analytic and detailed transactional results and recommendations for improved performance and efficiency
• Review departmental actual expense versus budget and issue monthly variance statements along with explanations of significant variances.
• Perform regular, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting/analysis. Assist in the production of monthly results reviews of financial and operational performance metrics versus current plan and forecast.
• Facilitate annual planning processes.
• Support initiative development and assessment
• Assist management in developing assumptions regarding the P&L drivers of the business which could be expected under the current business plan and under alternative strategies. Prepare forecasts and analysis trends in sales, finance, general business conditions and other related areas as required.
• Other duties as assigned by manager
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related analytical field required (or related experience)
Job relevant certifications preferred (e.g. CPA)
3 years of relevant work experience required (in role or similar role)
Advanced skills using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.)
SQL / Tableau / OBIEE / Workday / PeopleSoft / Data Modelling Power Query & Power BI / CPM Systems (Anaplan preference | competing platform experience such as Hyperion / SAP / TM1 also considered)
R / Python not required, but preferred
Prioritization/Organization/Multi-tasking - Able to organize their own work and meet deadlines as well as assist others with their planning
Attention to Detail - Regularly provides work that is accurate, thorough and consistent. Reviews work of others for accuracy
Communications - Strong Verbal & Written communications. Communicating to a variety of audiences
Analytical - Strong analytical skills. Analyzes complex information
Problem Solving - Solves problems independently, many of which are complex
Independent Thinking - Works independently on most assignments. Brings forward ideas for improvement
Team Participation - Collaborates well with team members and other work associates. Will sometimes lead the team and others
Interpersonal - Has strong working relationships with others. Able to manage interactions with all levels of the organization
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here at https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USFCCPApolicy.pdf .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf .
- US Foods Jobs