US Foods Solution Architect in Rosemont, Illinois
The Solution Architect is responsible for providing domain specific expertise and guidance in architecture, design and application of industry standards in the implementation of innovative US Foods applications.
- Responsible for delivering US Foods strategy by providing the design and implementation of innovative technology solutions.
- Lead or assist with US Foods IT transition to Cloud, Big Data, DevOps and Open Source platforms.
- Mentor and coach team members on best practices for design, development, trouble shooting, testing, and implementation. Conduct code and quality reviews of deliverables produced by the team.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture team to deliver IT strategies.
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to develop integration solutions spanning business processes, operating systems, applications and hardware platforms.
- Oversees application architecture and deployment in cloud environments. Additionally, acts as consultants to US Foods and need to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and issues.
- Identify and analyze business needs versus existing applications and serve as the subject matter expert driving alignment through innovative solutions. Additionally, develop system requirement specifications and technical design documents.
- Reviews and designs complex enterprise integration architectures for other US Foods IT teams and makes recommendations
- Develops and recommends standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Partners with Business and IT leadership across functional areas to get buy-in and builds ownership for the transformation of US Foods
- Works with on-shore and off-shore teams of US Foods strategic partner for development
- Negotiates acceptable solutions to complex problems across multiple businesses and/or technical areas
- Works and communicates effectively with all levels of management.
- Act as the last level of escalation for support activities. Define and lead a cross-functional team to perform root cause analysis.
- Provide work estimates for cloud and data related activities.
- Assist with the managing of project and support resources, report status to functional managers as well as to project managers.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required.
- BS degree in an IT related field with 8 years in development area required.
- Prior experience with architecture planning tools and methodologies required.
- Minimum 5 years experience delivering increasingly complex hybrid (Cloud and/or On-Prem) solutions using Open Source frameworks based on APIs or Web Services required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in general IT with 3 or more years experience working with AWS in an architect role. Architecture experience in AWS technologies and administration including S3, EMR, EC2, IAM, VPC, Glacier, Lambda and Elastic Beanstalk (required). Experience in Relational Database/Data Warehouse Application Development and Big Data – Oracle and Spark preferred.
- Prior experience with CI/CD pipelines, peer programming, TIBCO or Mulesoft a plus.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Proficiency in Spark, Java, Python, Oracle 10g, stored procedures and packages, Unix Scripting Language, Unix – HP, Perl, SQL, PL/SQL; Informatica, Tableau, Zepplin, parquet, SalesForce.com, Snowflake computing, Looker and OBIA helpful. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Development / Programming
Job Level: Individual Contributor