US Foods Shared Business Services Project Manager - Adminstrative Processes in Rosemont, Illinois
The Project Manager is responsible for managing all activities and people associated with complex projects across the Shared Business Services organization. This position will lead the matrixed project team through all the phases of the Project Management Life Cycle to include the business case, design, build, deploy and stabilize phases. Ultimately responsible for project delivery that is within scope, schedule, and budget. This position will be pivotal in installing a continuous improvement culture.
- Manage the full project life cycle including requirements gathering, creation of project plans and schedules, obtaining and managing resources, managing budget, and facilitating project execution, deployment, and closure.
- Monitor the creation of all project deliverables to ensure adherence to quality standards including design documents, test plans, training materials, and operations documentation.
- Effectively communicate project status to all stakeholders.
- Resolve issues, proactively evaluate project activities, build contingency plans, execute corrective actions when necessary and implement risk response plans to manage risk.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings with various functional areas to meet overall stakeholder expectations and company objectives.
- Employ the appropriate methods to motivate and coordinate project teams.
- Assist with establishment and maintenance of US Foods’ project management methodology and other department procedures.
- Support the growth, development, and goals of the Project Management Practice and TMO through various leadership and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for standardizing and streamlining processes.
- Effectively facilitate process improvement workshops.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training:Four-year college degree in business or related field. Master of Business Administration a plus.
- 5 years Project Management experience.
- Experience leading diverse project teams in matrix environments.
- Proficient with project management tools, MS-Project and/or other project management software, and MS-Office applications.
- Proficient in Continuous Improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Results Oriented
- Strategic Thinking
- Change Management
- Situational Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Presentation and Facilitation
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Operations Management
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time