US Foods Senior Recruiter in Rosemont, Illinois
The Senior Recruiter, Talent Acquisition owns and develops the recruitment strategies and full life cycle recruitment activities of quality candidates for his/her areas of responsibilities. The role is a Talent Advisor to all levels of leaders up to Executive level. The Sr. Recruiter will manage the recruiting process for a variety of complex positions across the organization including individual contributor roles through leadership positions (VP, Sr. Director, and Director). The Sr. Recruiter must be able to manage the complexity of multiple client groups and multiple levels of leaders across the organization. In addition, this position is accountable for sourcing high potential, high performance candidate slates, and for taking a leadership role in the development of proactive recruitment programs and projects.
Establishes and builds effective and successful relationships with hiring managers and HR business partners at all levels of the organization including senior leaders in order to understand their business priorities, recruiting challenges and position requirements.
Partners with hiring managers to develop and execute an adaptable and flexible hiring plan, including sourcing, pre-qualifying and closing offers with desired candidates to meet changing business needs.
Sources, screens, qualifies, and interviews prospective candidates for targeted areas and makes hiring recommendations and tracks results while ensuring compliance with company policy and/or established regulatory requirements at all times.
Understands and manages complex positions across multiple business units and multiple hiring managers.
Promotes US Foods as the employer of choice to all potential candidates by providing up to date information
Revise job posting, staffing, and sourcing procedures to continually improve and streamline the recruiting process and maximize resources.
Targets recruitment programs to increase the company's diversity representation throughout the country
Manages candidate slates, including on-going communication, interview and travel itineraries, and maintaining appropriate candidate follow-up during the process
Maintains contact and candidate information to ensure database integrity for current and future job opportunities
Manage the offer process and track acceptance/turn downs. Negotiate offers by partnering with Hiring Managers and HR.
Communicates closely with designated business partners to determine ongoing recruitment needs and ensures achievement of hiring goals
Acts as an integral member of the overall recruiting team; shares strategies and information, and develops successful outcomes
Partners with managers regarding market and compensation conditions, and makes recommendations to assure competitive strategy
Analyzes data and reports in order to discover trends and develop action plans where necessary to improve processes
Owns strategy around career fair and other recruitment events
Establishes and builds strategic alliances with professional organizations, educational institutions and government agencies to positively impact USF's recruiting efforts, name branding, and Good Faith Outreach efforts
Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in the industry.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training: High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field, preferred.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience in full-lifecycle recruiting for professional positions at all levels including sourcing, assessing, qualifying and interviewing candidates in a corporate recruiting role; prior agency experience preferred.
• Minimum 6 years’ experience successfully sourcing and identifying top talent through various methods including LinkedIN, social media, internet, job boards, niche sites, etc. required.
• Prior experience recruiting for mainly exempt positions up to senior leaders in a national, multi-location environment highly preferred.
• High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point required.
• Strong ability to successfully cold call, and source talent using Boolean search techniques required.
• Must demonstrate ability to champion projects to drive team efficiency, leading and organizing peers in a collaborative effort
• Must demonstrate ability to serves as a Talent Acquisition subject matter expert and champion to a Talent Acquisition Workstream
• Ability to serve as a trainer to recruiters and an expert in onboarding new team members
• Must demonstrate strong background in selecting and maximizing sourcing techniques to include cold calling, internal referral, internal candidate database, and internet search engines
• Experience with use of a web-based applicant tracking system – preferably Taleo or BrassRing
• Must demonstrate proficient knowledge of HR practices and applicable labor laws
• Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a fast paced and challenging environment
• Ability to possess a positive customer service attitude, emotional intelligence and business acumen to advise internal clients on recruiting strategies
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and address urgent assignments with a calm demeanor
• Ability to take an active role in team functioning and dynamics
• Well organized and persuasive written, verbal, and negotiation skills
• Part of a cross-functional team, demonstrates a consistent sense of urgency and creativity in filling assigned position openings
• Able to present new recruiting concepts to leadership and get buy-in
• Able to professionally articulate business goals, vision, culture, and environment
• Possess strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills
• Possess exceptional customer focus, interpersonal, coaching, and teamwork skills
• Proven ability to build and maintain strong internal/external associations
• Prior experience recruiting within a sourcing model
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Recruiting
Job Level: Individual Contributor