US Foods Risk Manager in Rosemont, Illinois
This position will take the lead in handling routine functions within the day-to-day activities of the US Foods Risk Management department. This role will routinely interface with insurance brokers, risk management vendors, and various internal stakeholders. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Risk Management.
Take ownership for collecting and confirming exposure data for renewal submissions. Conduct evaluations of program structures, policy terms, and benchmarking.
Partner with Sr. Director, Risk Management in the placement of all property and casualty insurance programs. Will take the lead on placing some lines of insurance.
Responsible for the financial analysis of insurance renewals and the development of insurance budget. Tracks spending to budget. Routinely communicates with Accounting and Finance functions.
Proficient working with RMIS systems. Understands the data flow between internal and external systems, takes ownership for establishing reports and assessing data obtained. Able to transfer data to meaningful dashboard reports for management.
Responsible for the routine functions of the department including Workers Compensation state filings, policy reviews, and annual audits. Oversees outgoing certificates of insurance process and determines appropriate response to requests for exceptions.
Review contracts and leases for appropriate indemnification and insurance language. Evaluate exceptions to insurance requirements and provide guidance to internal contacts on amended language.
Take the lead on property and casualty claims handling and tracking which may include interaction with TPA, regional claims specialist, in-house and outside counsel, broker and other internal stakeholders.
Review, revise and/or develop policies and procedures for the department with the mindset of focusing on continuous improvement
Setup and maintain Risk Management internal website
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Bachelor’s degree required, Business or Finance degree preferred
· Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in risk management or insurance. Preferably in a Corporate Risk Management function.
· Operate independently within own scope of responsibility. Handle multiple tasks with competing requests. Able to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
· Strong analytical, financial, and problem-solving skills to deal with complex business and technical issues
· Strong communications skills with ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
· Solid working knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, Word, and PowerPoint
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Risk Management
Job Level: Individual Contributor