US Foods Replenishment Mgr - Grocery in Rosemont, Illinois
Our centrally managed procurement team continues to grow and we’re looking for Managers of Replenishment to lead and develop teams. The Manager oversees all replenishment activities including managing a team of buyers responsible for acquiring product on a recurring basis to support anticipated customer needs across various categories ensuring the right amount of product is at the right place and at the right time for their geographic market assignments. Managers directly lead a team that is typically between 6 to 10 buyers. Managers are responsible for managing results against established KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), training their team to drive consistent processes and procedures, taking corrective actions and making decisions as needed to ensure a clear line of communication among all stakeholders which include field partners, demand planning, logistics, sales, category management, and vendors.
· Directs and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the Buyers to achieve service level goals, inventory targets, days inventory on hand (DIOH), excess & obsolete inventory, spoilage, and operating cost per case.
· Understand the assigned market and serves as subject matter expert for assigned product categories within the market they are supporting. Works with Category Management team to maximize growth and profit opportunities tied to Replenishment.
· Conducts analysis to determine problem areas and partner with Area Replenishment Managers and Area Vice Presidents of Merchandising/Marketing as well as demand planning, costing, and logistics to identify solutions and drive resolutions.
· Monitors and reviews KPI performance vs. goals; provide buyer direction and take corrective action to ensure performance targets are met, maximizing performance.
· Serves as a subject matter expert on tools including JDA Supply Chain Planning Optimization, Manugistics, and PRISM to drive maximum efficiency.
· Trains staff on replenishment processes, procedures and tools.
· Conducts regular reviews with each direct report to discuss performance and developmental needs.
· Manages and develops personnel (recruitment, interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance reviews, and professional development).
· Monitors market conditions and instructs buyers to take action regarding price and purchase decisions.
· Contributes to the creation and modification of processes and procedures relating to activities of service level, inventory management, out of stocks, and cross functional continuous improvement.
· Schedules and conducts calls, meetings or business reviews with the markets, in addition; provides support as needed at market sales meetings to roll out new processes or resolve issues.
· Achieves sales and/or margin growth expectations for their assigned category.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training: Four year degree or equivalent experience required.
Related Experience: Minimum 5 years replenishment/inventory experience required. Minimum 3 years prior management experience required. Prior foodservice and management experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office - especially Microsoft Excel, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Must be extremely organized, analytical and possess highly developed written/oral communication, management, training and interpersonal skills.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Buyer
Job Level: Manager