US Foods Program Manager, Diversity & Inclusion Recruiting in Rosemont, Illinois
Join Our Community of Food People!
At US Foods our associates, are our most valued assets. We believe that success and innovation are only achieved when all voices and perspectives are heard and valued. We are committed to providing an environment that is welcoming, respectful and engaging for all, with opportunities for everyone to reach their full potential.
To build that type of environment, we are guided by three principles: creating a more inclusive workplace, increasing diversity of our workforce and leaders, and supporting diverse communities and businesses.
Reporting to the Vice President of Talent Acquisition, the Program Manager, Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Recruiting will execute on delivering our D&I strategy and goals by identifying and developing national and local affinity partnerships to establish renewable diverse talent pipelines into US Foods. You will own the D&I program from a recruiting solutions lens. You will serve as a subject matter expert to US Foods Talent Acquisition team and enable the activation of D&I recruitment strategy for US Foods’ Corporate HQ in Rosemont, IL and Centralized Recruiting markets.
• Conduct Good Faith Efforts (GFE) outreach with Community and Professional affinity groups that align with identified hiring/business needs
• Evaluate/identify local partners and events based on their potential for creating renewable pipelines in markets owned by Talent Acquisition (TA)
• Lead all event-planning/coordination of events with affinity partners to create turn-key recruiting events
• Serve as Talent Acquisition’s point of contact for locally managed affinity partners
• Participate in national Community and Professional partnership outreach in conjunction with Talent Acquisition, Talent Management team and Campus/Military Recruiting Manager
• Log all Rosemont-based Good Faith Effort outreach activities within EASI’s GFE database
• Serve as TA’s Diversity & Inclusion program liaison with the Compliance team to undertake all associated work assigned to Talent Acquisition
• Serve as TA’s Diversity & Inclusion program liaison with the HR teams to deliver a seamless and inclusive delivery in a shared geographical footprint
• Track Diversity & Inclusion recruiting metrics and reporting; interpret data to capture insights and identify hiring opportunities in conjunction with Compliance team metrics
• Partner with the VP, Diversity & Inclusion on execution of Employee Resource Group program events
• Serve as a member of the Diversity & Inclusion Council
• Partner with the VP, Diversity & Inclusion to identify key external affinity group sponsorships
• Align with Corporate Communications and Media teams to promote corporate brand via social media channels with a focus on recruitment
• Partner with the Campus and Talent Acquisition team members as a Diversity & Inclusion subject matter expert
• Develop, plan and lead compliance and D&I recruiting best practice trainings for US Foods Talent Acquisition in conjunction with the Compliance team
• Serve as the program manager for current and future Rosemont-based Diversity & Inclusion recruitment programs (ex. Year Up)
• Track Diversity & Inclusion recruiting metrics and reporting in conjunction with VP, Diversity & Inclusion and VP, Talent Acquisition; interpret data to capture insights and identify hiring opportunities in conjunction with Compliance team metrics
• Gauge brand awareness and strength via social media presence and take corrective action as needed
• Track and report on recruitment measures including: Sourcing Channel Effectiveness, Time to Hire (Time to Fill) and Employee Referrals for diversity hires
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred in Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion or related field.
• Must possess a minimum of 7 years of combined experience in recruiting, diversity and inclusion strategy and/or execution OR equivalent US Foods experience in strategic sourcing and hiring of diverse talent.
• Strong oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience in public speaking.
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing diversity and inclusion recruiting strategies and programs.
• Ability to handle complex issues with discretion and handle sensitive information.
• Superior analytical skills with the ability to use data to create, develop and execute recruiting strategies.
• Ability to communicate successfully across the organization, both verbally and in writing.
• Previous experience using recruiting systems – Workday, strongly preferred.
• Previous experience using recruiting channels – Indeed, LinkedIn Recruiter and other sources of Diverse talent, strongly preferred.
• Previous experience in a Federal Contractor environment preferred.
• Strategic Thinker: Can envision and drive a better future.
• Motivates and Inspires Others: Ability to inspire others including leaders and associates.
• Change Management: Ability to affect organizational change, with others, in the right way.
• Cultural Competence & Agility: Understand & appreciate cultural differences and bring insights to inspire and engage others in doing so.
• Stakeholder Management: Pro-actively create and maintain strategic relationships.
• A Strong Communicator: Writing and speaking skills are clear, concise and effective, providing an ability to interact with all levels/various teams across the organization, be understood, and develop trust and rapport within the organization.
• Collaborative: Work effectively within a team environment.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
- US Foods Jobs