US Foods Product Bid Analyst in Rosemont, Illinois
As an integral member of the Market Basket Team, complete product matching to provide competitive bid analysis for assigned accounts to secure new business or retain customers while developing a strong partnership with our customers.
- Provide competitive product matches of equal quality to optimize savings opportunities.
- Possess or have the ability tobe able to rapidly develop a strong knowledge of products
- Demonstrate strong ability to multi-task, detailed oriented, and proficient in Excel.
- Process and maintain the work flow of market baskets for assigned customers, requiring flexibility to meet all deadlines.
- Develop 2-way communication to enhance customer and internal relationships by meeting deadlines, strong proactive communication, prompt responses, and resolving issues. Diplomatically question information provided if not submitted according to standard operating procedures. Assist by coaching proper procedures. Identify and address concerns regarding data or criteria for analysis.
- Responsible for logging and verifying that the market basket information is complete. Proactively seek additional information that may improve completion times.
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited ResumeSubmissions
Any employment agency,person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiringmanager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become theproperty of US Foods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant atits discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, personor entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreementswith US Foods and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to thedesignated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foods authorization, submit résuméinto this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- High School Diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of motivation, the ability to prioritize and self-direct.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in customer support role that required strong attention to detail, analytical and reasoning skills.
- Previous experience with food products, pricing, or bid experience a plus.
- Proficient in Excel required.
- Access and experienced in Oracle – Discoverer preferred.
- Professional written/verbal communication skills required.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize and adhere to deadlines.
- Team Player with strong interpersonal skills required. Initiative to drive department enhancements and strong attendance mandatory.
- Must be able to communicate in a manner that reflects sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
Normal office environment
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Healthcare Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor