US Foods Merchandising Strategy Mgr - USF Direct in Rosemont, Illinois
The Merchandising Manager is responsible for developing strategies, executing projects and creating initiatives that support the broader short and long-term strategies of US Foods Direct Ecommerce customer purchasing site. This includes developing and managing the assortment strategy. Directing and managing product assortment, pricing management, and vendor relationships. The role is accountable for, and closely monitors, sales performance nationally across all products and categories. Incorporate promotional activities’ performance analysis into the on-going refinement of strategy development and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage the ecommerce ‘endless aisle’ assortment for US Foods, with responsibility for category financial performance, including setting overall strategic direction in terms of defining assortment, and setting revenue and profitability goals. Optimize the product offering, including identifying new products to add to the assortment.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver on plans and constantly evolve our offering. Manage large scale catalog selection, be solution-oriented & able to integrate strong and clear data analysis and business rationale into sound decision making.
· Infuse analytics into merchandise strategy to drive both strategic and day-to-day decisions, utilizing a combination of internal metrics, market data and trends , and competitive analyses.
· Identify and incorporate e-commerce trends into strategy using industry reports, participating in food shows and events, and other external information.
· Proactively identify product attributes and source required data to ensure complete product presentation to customers. Work with PIM team to manage, organize and maintain product data and attributes such as ingredients, item descriptions, images, etc.
· Conduct competitive and category analyses to identify new vendors and sourcing opportunities to expand and diversity assortment and build buying and negotiating power.
· Build and maintain strategic relationships with vendors to source product, maximize our mutual business, and report on vendor performance for weekly/quarterly business reviews.
· Expand current vendor selection and secure new brand selection for multiple subcategories; challenge vendors to increase category selection and work with them on promotions and optimum sourcing recommendations/decisions.
· Drive strategic negotiations to deliver top- and bottom-line category growth; manage legal contracts with suppliers; work with vendors to expand their geographic inventory locations.
· Identify areas that need vendor attention and direct team to address issues; act as escalation point, helping team and vendor(s) resolve conflicts.
· Develop requirements for and partner with IT teams for automating program processes.
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of US Foods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foods authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience required.
Related Experience: Minimum 7 years Category Management, retail/internet product merchandising, or related experience, including vendor management and pricing, required. Prior experience in B2B foodservice, food manufacturing, internet/ecommerce sales. Prior experience setting up a new line of business or category preferred. Experience leveraging data and analytics to evaluate current performance and identifying gaps in eCommerce product offerings.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must possess the ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment and work effectively and communicate across multiple groups and levels.
Proven ability to negotiate complex business terms, develop and support vendor relationships, drive results and demonstrate quantitative and analytical proficiency with business and financial analytics.
Prior change management experience. Must possess, or be able to rapidly develop, a strong knowledge of products within assigned category and division sales requirements. Must be able to provide fact-based recommendations across various levels of management. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of motivation, the ability to prioritize and self-direct, strong business acumen and sound interpersonal skills. Strong verbal, written and presentation skills required.
Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Microsoft Outlook. Prior experience with Microsoft Access a plus. Understanding of web technologies fundamentals.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Business Strategy
Job Level: Manager