US Foods Manager Business Analytics (Insights & Analytics) in Rosemont, Illinois
The Manager Business Analytics (Insights and Analytics) is responsible for oversight of a team of analysts who conduct advanced analytical activities for assigned business function (e.g., Category Management, Marketing/ eCommerce and Sales; Supply Chain Replenishment; Supply Chain Logistics, etc.). The manager leads and prioritizes routine and custom analytical projects in strategic partnership with assigned business function group (Example – for Category Analytics - facilitate analytical requirements for Vendor Management, category business reviews/RFPs, promotions, direct marketing, business performance reporting, and product innovation, as well as market business intelligence focused on industry trends, customer share and other measures). The manager standardizes analytics (processes, metrics and insight delivery) and implements processes regarding the identification and communication of insights, not just spreadsheets, to the business. The manager also provides business translation of statistically driven segmentations and modeling to each client team and facilitates training of business team on the use of available desktop tools, CookBook tools and BI applications.
Strategic Solution Development:
- Standardize analytics processes, metrics and insight delivery within assigned business function wherever and whenever possible (Example – for Category Analytics: routine category-to-SKU performance benchmarking, reporting, trending, and business intelligence focused on industry trends and customer share. Includes customization/configuration to accommodate client group nuances such as seasonality, repeatable fluctuations in supply/demand, product sourcing, or product shelf-life).
- Lead the process to develop and refine methodology for core analyses and test designs to continuously improve analytic practices across assigned business function(s).
- Owns relationship with all assigned business function’s business partners to evolve assigned business function’s business strategies that optimize the assigned business function’s objectives (e.g., assortment, pricing and promotions for Category, Marketing/eCommerce and Sales functions), leverage BI insights, and customer insights. This includes the development and presentation of actionable customer and product insights.
- Collaborate with peer Managers and Senior Insights and Analytics Leaders, such as the Senior Manager, Quantitative Methods and the Director, Business Analytics & Forecasting to: identify improvements in analytics, reporting, software requirements, data improvements; and implement and track satisfaction with changes and improvements.
- Lead collaboration and understanding of business problem with senior business partners
- Manage analytics teams to identify and prioritize custom, special analytic projects - as well as routine reports/analysis, across client groups, serving as implementation leader in the areas of scoping, resourcing, project management, requirements gathering, methodology, metrics/formula standardization/derivation and IT collaboration.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing across client groups and lead the training process of business team in understanding and adoption of new advanced analytics, software applications, CookBook and business intelligence tools.
Prescriptive, Predictive and Advanced Analytics:
- Serve as a strategic business partner with assigned business function’s team. (Example language shown here: Serve as a strategic business partner with the pricing team to integrate and align pricing strategies and recommendations with assortment and promotion planning).
- Serve as a strategic business partner with Marketing/eCommerce teams to maximize the effectiveness of their key objectives and strategies with detailed BI and marketplace analysis and lead development of forecasting, item selection and performance reporting for all promotion and direct marketing initiatives.
- Serve as primary business consultant with IT for the Merchandising organization in the development of BI, querying and data visualization.
- Understand and have practical experience with leveraging strategic, behavior based segmentations applying to customers and products as well as other statistical models to further drive actionable, meaningful insight.
Tools and Reports Development:
- Provide thought leadership in areas of tools and reports development
- Lead integration of analytics, tools, processes and delivery channels to create a seamless experience for end users
- Lead development of tools and reports for end users, including developing requirements, reviewing user stories, evaluating IT development progress, managing UAT and training end users
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) of applicable tools, databases and systems
Deployment and Value Realization:
- Support deployment and value realization strategy (e.g., communication, training, org structure) for Analytics programs
- Identify strategic and thoughtful coordination and execution of all aspects of the role
- Ensure flawless deployment through management of business partners, IT, consultants and end users
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Business, Finance or related quantitative field required
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 7 years demonstrated successful experience in business analytics, marketing/eCommerce analytics, sales analytics, and/or campaign management
- 7 years demonstrated successful experience in analytical roles
- 7 years demonstrated successful experience in food distribution, retail, CPG or related industries
- 2 years managing direct and indirect reports
- 3 years project management experience
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Business Strategy and Analytics:
Exceptional business acumen
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Ability to think logically and analytically
- Able to take complex, ambiguous problems, break them down into smaller parts, and problem solve to come up with a whole, integrated and strategic solution
Able to solve complex business problems related to product sourcing, category management and promotions including the development of measurements and analysis to support decision-making
Self-direction and Team Work:
High degree of motivation
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to build consensus and lead work streams
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize workloads
Strong influence and persuasion skills
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
- Ability to influence change within complex organizations
- Ability to relate to others
Ability to understand and translate custom and statistical analytics for business users
Proficiency in the following required:
MS Office Suite, including:
Microsoft Excel (e.g., pivot tables; slicer; vlookup, hlookup; formulas; if then statements)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (e.g., update presentations; create graphs, tables and other data visualization techniques)
Proficiency in at least two of the following a plus:
- MS Access
- eCommerce, various platforms
- Campaign Management platforms
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Business Strategy
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time