US Foods Logistics Optimization Specialist in Rosemont, Illinois
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Logistics Optimization Specialist is responsible for supply chain optimization projects (cross dock, mixing center, vendor optimization, warehouse location optimization, centralized fleet optimization, etc.). Motivated, self-starting, individual contributor, with the ability to identify business gaps and run those scenarios through various transportation optimization software suites. Ability to present discoveries to multiple levels of leadership and stakeholders on optimization outputs. Serves as subject matter modeling expert for the Logistics organization for model set-up parameters, distribution, and fleet considerations for profitable and operationally successful route design. Participates in operational reviews to determine route opportunities by market and region and any current route adjustments needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work cross functionally to optimize logistics (Cross Dock Optimization, Mixing Center Analysis, Carrier Development Pricing Modeling Analysis, Vendor Analysis, Routing Re-Optimization, Mapping Optimization).
• Collaboration and planning with Business Intelligence, IT departments, and other internal departments/stakeholders.
• Review current business landscape to better optimize US Foods network.
• Identify business gaps and propose scenarios to leadership teams via the utilization of network optimization tools.
• Improve Key supply chain performance metrics via the utilization of network optimization tools.
• Identify any issues that may impact modeled loop output quality before validation and operational reviews occur with Logistics teams.
• Support the design, implementation and tactical execution of Optimization Software (Ex. Llamasoft Supply Chain and Data Guru) to deliver optimized closed loop truck routes (Fully optimized front hauls and back hauls) for the USF Central Fleet team.
• Partner with Central Fleet Logistics, supply chain stakeholders, and Field Transportation teams to understand equipment and dedicated driver capacities and constraints to incorporate into closed loop modeling parameters.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
SUPERVISION: Describe span of control (# of direct reports and total count of organization) 0
Eligible for reimbursement (highlight one): NA
• Masters in Operations Research or Industrial Engineering or related analytical field required
• 3+ years of industrial engineering, supply chain optimization and management, or logistics/transportation network strategy required.
• 3+ years Transportation Optimization Software experience preferred.
• LLamasoft Supply Chain Guru and Data Guru experience preferred.
• Experience in logistics environment (transportation network strategy) preferred.
• Supply chain planning, network optimization, forecasting, transportation, inventory management and warehousing knowledge or experience preferred.
• Travel (10%).
• In-depth understanding and experience with transportation route and/or supply chain network optimization software packages and principals is a must.
• Knowledge of TMS (Transportation Management Solutions) preferred.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply technical skills in a fast-paced environment preferred.
• Highly motivated, self-starter with minimal supervision required.
• Understanding of key supply chain performance levers (on-time delivery, freight cost and related components, inventory management, etc.) preferred
• Strong database management and programming skills highly desired.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills a must.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
- US Foods Jobs