US Foods Lead Logistics Strategy Analyst in Rosemont, Illinois
Join Our Community of Food People!
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and preferably have some experience in supply chain, logistics, data analytics, or foodservice.
This position validates the accuracy of freight variables which are being implemented across the organization. Specifically, the role will be responsible for determining the profitability and accuracy of freight income through the interpretation of vendor’s rate information, carrier costs, and replenishment parameters. Additionally, the role will monitor Logistics and Replenishment systems for freight accuracy and profitability and work cross-functionally to correct issues.
The Lead Logistics Strategy Analyst will be expected to independently lead analysis efforts and provide mentorship and guidance to junior level analysts (i.e. Senior Logistics Strategy Analysts and Logistics Strategy Analysts). Specific role responsibilities for the Lead Logistics Strategy Analyst include:
• Develop communication plans and lead communication efforts with the field or internal / external stakeholders to support the correction of freight issues
• Proactively manage the relationship with cross-functional supply chain stakeholders: Provide net freight income targets within load designs and balance against inbound inventory targets to support optimal decision making across Replenishment, division Transportation teams, and Logistics departments
• Drive supply chain cost improvement and performance of inbound logistics through daily data analysis of relevant freight and vendor data, and facilitation / cross-functional coordination of remediation efforts
• Utilize financial, logistical and procurement data bases to develop reporting and tools in order to analyze results and build plans for improvement
• Manage vendor information and assist in the development of processes and guidelines to ensure quality of freight cost controls
• Own the development and maintenance of freight information for assigned lanes / geographies. Operate databases within the logistics management applications (Llamasoft, TMS, ArrowStream)
• Serves as the logistics subject matter expert to other departments and the field regarding Logistics processes, systems, workflow, and tools.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office required (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access)
• Able to translate data insights from large data sets into specific optimization / improvement actions
• Effective communication teaming skills; capable of developing alignment across Logistics functions and other departments
• Prior experience with logistics management applications (e.g. Llamasoft, TMS, Arrowstream)
• 5-7 years of experience with progressive experience in a highly data-drive / analytical type role required
• Undergraduate major in supply chain, operations, statistics, business, or a data-related field
• Prior work experience in supply chain, logistics, data analytics, or foodservice
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
- US Foods Jobs