US Foods Intern – Human Resources - Organizational Effectiveness in Rosemont, Illinois
The OE intern will support the development of US Foods’ OE framework, inclusive of change management, team effectiveness, and organization design. This role will also assist on OE interventions within business units across US Foods.
About the US Foods Summer Intern Program
The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to TEAM UP to build a supportive learning environment where we TALK STRAIGHT about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver SECOND TO NONE program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions within our Corporate HQ; and have an opportunity to deliver an end of summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders. Dependent upon critical business needs and overall performance during the summer, there may be opportunities for students to continue working as a part-time intern during the school year.
Please note: We are unable to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). Candidates who possess the unqualified right to work in the United States are eligible to apply.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Hours:Full time (40 hours per week) during the summer (10-12 weeks); possible future part-time opportunities (16-24 hours per week) during the school year, dependent upon current critical business needs and overall performance.
Title:Intern – Talent Management -Organizational Effectiveness Intern
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development, execution, and enhancement of USF’s change management framework. This includes developing resources, tools and educational content to build change capabilities for leaders across the business.
- Support the development, execution and enhancement of USF’s team effectiveness methodology. This includes enhancement of USF’s team development playbook and building HR capability to support team effectiveness needs.
- Support internal OE consulting engagements across a variety of business units.
- Participate in large scale organizational transformation projects; may include the opportunity to lead workstreams within larger initiatives.
- Currently enrolled in a master’s program in Organizational Development, I/O Psychology, or related field
- Students between their 1st and 2nd years of graduate school will be considered for internships
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location
- One to two years’ experience in the field of Organizational Development, HR or related field is desired
- Contemporary change management principles and models
- Organizational design methods and concepts (operating model, role design, decision rights)
- Workshop design and development
- Design thinking approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent group facilitation skill set
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to influence others
- Open to new ideas and possibilities - demonstrates the ability and willingness to move outside of their “comfort zone” to pursue new opportunities. Encourages others to do the same.
Experience in at least one of the following:
Developing and executing change management plans to serve strategic outcomes
Designing and facilitating small and / or large group workshops
Designing organizational processes and structures to meet business needs
Job requires worker to:Sit 0%Stand 0% Walk 0%Drive 0%Job requires worker to lift:50-100 lbs. (Heavy) 0%Job requires worker to carry:25-50 lbs. (Medium) 0%
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Office/Clerical
Job Level: Individual Contributor