US Foods Instructional Designer in Rosemont, Illinois
The Instructional Designer (ID) creates proprietary training curriculums, programs, classes and materials targeted at development of associates and managers for overall improved performance. The ID is an expert at creating training that most effectively teaches and transfers desired skill, knowledge and behavior from the learning environment to optimal on-the-job performance. The instructional designer is expert in adult learning principles, learning technology, needs analysis and delivery. The ID develops performance driven learning solutions, using best in class multimedia development to create training programs that are engaging and help learners achieve performance objectives. This role understands the internal client’s performance improvement needs, writes and edits training materials within project budgets, assembles materials using appropriate authoring tools, and ensures the project deliverables meet the highest expectations.
Design and develop instructor-led, e-Learning, blended and/or action learning training programs that provide employees with the essential tools for job growth and success. Create training materials designed to enable learners to apply what they have learned to establish or improve job performance.
Act as the subject matter expert for instructional design and collaborate with team members, client sponsors, and topic subject matter experts (SMEs) to write instructional content that is concise, engaging, and appropriate for the audience and that solves performance and learning challenges.
Build effective relationships and partner with subject matter experts and business leaders to gather content information, determine and implement highly effective learning solutions with planned reviews.
Determine training solutions to address performance gaps or opportunities for improved business results, considering cross-functional application.
Create materials using the most effective delivery platform such as instructor led, e-Learning, virtual, on-the-job training, webinar and video. Incorporate the most effective teaching methods and taxonomy based on the learning need.
Transform learning activity designs represented in storyboards, scripts, etc. into digital media and printed assets, taking advantage of ever-changing technological capabilities and features. Edit documents/learning treatment from multiple sources to achieve a consistent style and voice with a professional look and feel.
Manage project materials efficiently so that tasks are completed on time, problems are anticipated or resolved quickly, and team members are clear on project requirements and schedules. Publish timelines associated with milestone tasks to ensure planned completion of the project.
Develop measurement and accountability mechanisms that evaluate job readiness or performance, enabling continuous improvement.
Develop and conduct train the trainer sessions as appropriate, allowing others the ability to deliver the content effectively and as designed.
Stay current with rapidly changing e-Learning, social and online technology to ensure that designed digital media and print collateral is implemented appropriately and effectively.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Bachelor degree required in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Curriculum Development, Graphic Design, Media Production, Communication, Journalism, technical writing, or related field.
Masters degree or equivalent experience preferred in Instructional Design, Adult Education, Curriculum Development, Graphic Design, Media Production, Communication, Journalism, technical writing, or related field.
Related Experience:5-8 years of work related experience analyzing, designing and developing learning solutions grounded in solid adult education/corporate learning methodology.
Experience developing learning programs and media assets, including e-Learning, animation, graphics, simulations, video, and live instruction support materials. Proficiency in use of eLearning development tools.
Demonstrated experience working with teams in a fast-paced, complex, high matrix environment
- Strong knowledge of ISD models, including: ADDIE, SAM, Agile.
- Well versed in Adult Learning principles and teaching methods.
- Versed in appropriate organization of training materials (Blooms Taxonomy, Gagne’s 9 Events).
- Strong writing and/or editing skills; excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and creative/resourceful problem-solving skills.
- Ability to conduct front-end needs analysis and back-end learning evaluation and measurement. (Kirkpatrick’s 4 Levels, Phillips ROI).
- Expertise/experience creating learning with most platforms: Instructor led, eLearning, Virtual, SOJT (Structured on the job training), Webinar, Video, Job Aids/Electronic job aids.
- Familiarity with modern design principals and importance of corporate branding standards.
- Proficiency with leading content development, tools and methodologies, including: Articulate 360, Articulate Studio suite, Camtasia, Lectora or Captivate.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat),
- Proficiency with web publishing technologies and platforms, including learning management systems.
- Advance PowerPoint skills.
Candidate must have examples of materials he/she has designed and developed.
Position located in Rosemont. Must possess valid driver’s license, be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Limited travel/ overnights.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Training
Job Level: Individual Contributor