US Foods Digital Experience Lead in Rosemont, Illinois
The Digital Experience Lead will apply strategic thinking and demonstrate awareness of business goals while striving for a highly usable and engaging end-to-end user experience. They define, socialize and implement best practices for user experience design, leveraging industry standards. This person will turn user experience ideas into practical, workable, testable concepts and then translate those concepts into recommendations that achieves our digital value proposition.
- Create strategy and recommendations for additions and enhancements to our digital experience and its infrastructure while balancing business initiatives and technological capabilities.
- Lead wireframing and prototyping efforts for browse, search, and transactional experiences.
- Determine the factors which influence customer goals, experiences, and needs; determine what mental models’ users create while using USFoods.com.
- Develop labeling, navigation and site structures to support usability and findability.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager, Digital Experience, Creative Services, and Developers to develop an action plan including experience strategy, process, and schedule.
- Perform competitive analysis, market assessments and heuristic evaluations.
- Ability to quickly capture and assimilate information from a variety of sources; responsible for translating business requirements and user needs into innovative experience solutions that are engaging, valuable and usable.
- Lead usability testing efforts.
- Conduct new and use existing research to create personas and experience scenarios.
- Manage and execute multivariate testing on new features and experiences on the site.
- Use web analytics and feedback data to inform infrastructure changes and design.
- Collaborate on initiatives to create interaction models and prototypes to capture desired user experience translated into the functional specification.
- Create project briefs, presentations, user flows, site maps, taxonomies, wireframes, competitive analysis and other necessary documentation to communicate the recommended user experience to internal stakeholders, as well as the outcomes of changes and tests.
- Lead efforts to gather feedback and work closely with all teams at US Foods to implement new and improved features based on that feedback and company initiatives.
- Use KPIs to track the success and progress of our site and its features, and make plans to adapt accordingly.
- Suggest and implement new tools to conduct research, measure engagement, and gather feedback.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
BS/BA degree or higher in design, technology, psychology, human factors or HCI is preferred.
5 years relevant experience in a digital lead capacity.
- 5 year experience in user interface design, information architecture, interaction design, human factors, and other related UX disciplines.
- 5 years’ experience with usability testing including preparation, execution, and analysis
- 5 years’ experience creating, implementing, and measuring multivariate tests.
- 5 years’ experience creating architecture, interaction, and/or design for responsive sites, mobile and tablet experiences, and applications
- Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to employ pragmatic and effective approaches to UX. Keen understanding of usability principles, web standards, UI patterns and their application. Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
- Effective cross-function collaboration skills. Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills. Some project management (work plans), level of effort estimation, deliverable quality assurance skills required.
- Expert level experience with design and prototyping software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, InVision, Visio, etc.)
- Proven experience with web-based analytic tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Brand Management
Job Level: Individual Contributor