US Foods Demand Planner, Grocery in Rosemont, Illinois
US Foods is growing it’s Grocery Replenishment Service Center (RSC) team. We are looking for top talent to join our RSC team including Demand Planners. This team is made up of resilient people who oversee product ordering, inventory management, forecasted usage, on time delivery, and correct order costs from our suppliers. You can help us by providing accurate sales data, including known upcoming events, so that we can help our customers have an optimal ordering experience. Our goal is a perfect order every time!
The Demand Planner (Forecasting Analyst) analyzes and adjusts system forecasts based on daily review of product movement (Grocery Products) including seasonality, industry and market trends, and probability of anticipated sales. You would be responsible for delivering forecast accuracy and forecasting bias as per defined goals by sku and/or product family. Works closely with category management on national or regional events and with division replenishment coordinator to address anticipated changes in local markets.
- Determines the forecast model that is most appropriate for each sku based on product and seasonality and sets forecast variance tolerances by sku.
- Proactively ensures the accurate development of demand data based upon forecast, current inventory targets, replenishment lead-time and master data settings.
- Determines best methods to improve forecast accuracy and adjust forecast models as necessary to improve forecast accuracy.
- Analyzes forecast bias to identify and understand variables and root causes impacting forecast, and adjust appropriately. Works closely with category management and division coordinators to proactively adjust forecast to accommodate external information.
- Assists in development of proper safety stock strategies.
- Interprets and reports forecast implications of phasing-in/out of items.
- Interacts as necessary with other functions to provide forecast information relevant to their respective areas.
- Works cross functionally to proactively manage aging inventory, slow moving items and discontinued items.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training:Four-year college degree in business, statistics, mathematics, supply chain management or similar required. Prior experience in the food service industry preferred. MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
Related Experience:Minimum two years demand planning and forecasting experience utilizing E3/AWR/Manugistics or similar.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Category specific expertise to interpret seasonality, market, and trend information; must be proficient in utilizing E3/AWR/ Manugistics or other supply-chain management software; thoroughly understands the business to interpret how promotional activity, new product distribution and seasonality impact volume fluctuations; possesses superior analytical skills and communication skills; possesses the ability to solve complex problems in an expeditious fashion; proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Microsoft Outlook; PRISM experience preferred.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Buyer
Job Level: Individual Contributor