US Foods Customer Segment Marketing Specialist, Local in Rosemont, Illinois
Join Our Community of Food People!
OUR FOUNDATION: THE US FOODS WAY
The foundation that allows us to deliver on our strategy is The US Foods Way, which describes How We Live, through our Cultural Beliefs; How We Work, through our commitment to Continuous Improvement; and How We Lead, through our Leadership Behaviors.
The Customer Segment Marketing Specialist, Region supports the Director, Customer Segment Marketing with all aspects of customer segment marketing initiatives. Includes support for the development and execution of customer segment-specific marketing initiatives. They will support the deployment with the field marketing team. This person will review research and help deploy research, as needed, to better determine customer segment needs and opportunities. Also, they will act as a strategic, day-to-day operational and execution lead for marketing segment work as directed by the Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Dir, Customer Segment Marketing with deployment and execution of customer segment marketing activities
• Resource/contact for field marketers to ensure effective and efficient deployment of programs
• Review secondary research to determine segment variables and opportunities
• Assist in development of primary research to better determine segment needs and opportunities
• Summarize research reports, identify key highlights and communicate across organization as needed
• Be present in the field where needed or where we feel we have opportunity and/or to support segment strategy
• Provide marketing support to Area Marketing Managers for segment marketing planning and activity execution as directed by the Director.
• Support the development and execution of customer segment marketing playbooks as directed
• Collect, aggregate and review performance data on segment campaign efforts
• Marketing communication channel from center/field/center with regards to executing segment strategy
• Assist with segment campaign budget planning and monthly management to AOP as directed
• Support research efforts to identify key variables and segment opportunities for campaign deployment
· Manage the production of marketing materials and tools to support segment marketing. Manage all aspects of print production, receipt and distribution, as needed.
· Other marketing duties as assigned
Education/Training: Four year college degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
• 3-5 years applied marketing experience.
• Fundamental understanding of marketing from previous experience and/or college education
• Familiarity with reading research reports and summarizing and communicating research conclusions
Excellent communication skills and technical skills.
Able to manage multiple projects at one time with shifting deadlines.
Highly organized and has the ability to quickly adapt to change and support change management.
Familiar with research reports and data tables.
Proficiency in all Microsoft Suite of products, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with a variety of functions.
Experience managing a project through creative department is a plus.
Ability to operate under pressure with tight and shifting deadlines.
Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
Sound understanding of marketing principles.
Ability to build and maintain excellent working partnerships and interface with a variety of internal and external resources to attain organizational goals.
Ability to make sound, independent decisions. Proficient communication skills.
Able to work with various content management and online marketing systems.
Self-directed and highly motivated.
Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Microsoft Outlook; high proficiency in InDesign, Adobe
Acrobat Professional, and Social Media applications, as well as advanced internet aptitude strongly desired.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 866-960-5886. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.
- US Foods Jobs