US Foods Carrier Sales Representative (Gampac) in Rosemont, Illinois
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Carrier Sales Representative will source, secure and manage carriers to support new and existing Gampac customers. This includes daily conversations about freight lanes, rates and building long-term relationships with new strategic carrier partners
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Engaging carriers to sell freight and developing relationships with new and existing carriers in support of our customer base
• Interviewing and capturing data regarding carrier’s preferred lanes and network to find opportunities to collaborate
• Negotiating rates with carriers
• Booking, tracking, and updating loads using both our internal TMS system as well as various customer portals.
• Retrieving/Uploading BOLs/PODs and other documents from Carriers
• Distributing Comchecks for Lumpers, fees, etc...
• Researching and identifying new carriers, including new carrier set-ups via RMIS
• Daily contact with carrier base, developing a managed carrier portfolio of “owned carriers”
• Assisting in maintaining knowledge of market trends and updating regional pricing
• Effectively communicating updates to Account Manager and teammates
• Resolving carrier conflicts that occur in-transit
• Other duties as assigned by manager
• HS diploma or GED required
• Must possess a minimum of 1 year of experience at 3PL or freight brokerage or other relevant area.
• Basic understanding of brokerage operations and geographic freight markets
• Must be proficient in MS Office and have ability to navigate through various web-based systems
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to pass background investigation and drug test
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USFCCPApolicy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp%20EnglishformattedESQA508c.pdf) .
- US Foods Jobs