US Foods Business Analyst in Rosemont, Illinois
The IT Business Analyst role at U.S. Foods (USF) partners with our business to define areas of functional need and translates those needs into requirements for project execution. The primary areas of responsibility for the IT Business Analyst are:•Understand and document business needs.•Analyze current state and provide gap analysis to support functional roadmaps.•Translate business needs into actionable technology requirements.•Create and cascade reference and training material.•Create and execute procedures to ensure a quality supportable product.
- Interview business stakeholders one-on-one related to specific topics to understand pain points and known enhancement opportunities;
- Create specific business process documentation using established standards;
- Attend workshops and document As Is and To Be work process flows;
- Use the selected development methodology to turn pain points into either user requirements or user stories; create appropriately detailed documentation within the right tool including acceptance criteria;
- Develop simple user or training documentation. Document recurring questions;
- Provide input into and feedback of testing scripts;
- Analyzes data for testing and migration for use by development team;
- Respond to testing questions and aggregate for others;
- Create and maintain project and product backlog of user requirements or user stories;
- Assist in preparation of non-functional requirements;
- Coach business team in the set up and conduct of UAT, review test scripts, and report out on UAT results including defects for resolution and enhancements for future roadmap;
- Facilitate Business sign off on UAT results;
- Develop training approach with business team;
- Assist with design and creation of training materials in support of business team-led training.
Specific requirements for this department:
- The business relationship team for Revenue Management supports the applications used within US Foods to set pricing, determine rebates and develop and execute contracts. The custom developed and package applications are managed as part of a product utilizing the Agile development methodology. The Business Analyst position will operate in the role of product owner;
- An understanding of basic financial concepts and the components of profit margin is required;
- Experience with contractual agreements with customers and suppliers is preferred;
- Experience with food service or distribution companies is desired;
- Experience with data analytics is desired.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Any employment agency, person or entitythat submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so withthe understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of USFoods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretionwithout any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agenciesthat have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on a search shallsubmit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foodsauthorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placementfees.
- B.A., B.S. preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of general Business Analyst experience;
- Revenue and Margin management - Business Analyst experience preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with Agile systems development is preferred.
- Good written & verbal communication skills required;
- Flowcharting and diagramming required;
- Familiarity with project management concepts and tools including Agile preferred;
- Familiarity with JIRA is nice to have.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Business/System Analyst
Job Level: Individual Contributor