US Foods Associate Merchandising Manager, USF Direct in Rosemont, Illinois
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Associate Merchandising Manager for USF Direct is responsible for supporting strategies, executing projects and initiatives that support the broader short and long-term strategies of US Foods Direct Ecommerce site. The position is focused on managing and growing the assortment, including pricing management and vendor relationships. The role is also accountable for and closely monitors, sales performance nationally across all products and categories, identifying on-trend and high-demand category gaps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support the ecommerce ‘endless aisle’ assortment for US Foods, including expanding and optimizing the product offering, both through identifying new vendors and products to add to the assortment.
• Manage and provide detailed analysis of assigned category performance including growth objectives. Analysis will focus on the areas of product assortment, pricing, promotions, new product introductions, pricing changes, etc.
• Maintain regular reports to track performance and identify impact of variables on category performance against established metrics. Identify and report on trends, changes and opportunities. Provide suggestions aimed at increasing category performance.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver on plans and constantly evolve our offering. Manage catalog growth, be solution-oriented & able to integrate strong and clear data analysis and business rationale into sound decision making.
• Utilize analytics for both strategic and day-to-day decisions, utilizing a combination of internal metrics, market data and trends, and competitive analyses.
• Review and assess vendor performance reports, identify issues and provide recommendations to USF Direct Merchandising Manager.
• Identify and incorporate e-commerce trends; participate in food shows and events, and other external information.
• Proactively identify product attributes and source required data to ensure complete product presentation to customers. Work with PIM team to manage, organize and maintain product data and attributes such as ingredients, item descriptions, images, etc.
• Expand vendor, products, and categories for multiple subcategories
• Identify areas that need vendor attention and direct team to address issues; act as escalation point, helping team and vendor(s) resolve conflicts.
• Maintain close relations with US Foods regions and divisions with the objective of understanding critical requirements and perspectives and ensuring that their needs are addressed in the overall category strategy. Liaise with divisions to resolve escalated merchandising issues.
• Other duties assigned by manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum 3 years experience in retail, food service or with a consumer goods / food service company with prior experience in vendor relations, pricing and management of product assortment required.
• Prior Category Management and/or Vendor Management experience strongly desired.
• The ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment and work effectively across multiple groups and levels.
• Solid quantitative and analytical skills.
• Team participation and leadership skills required.
• Must possess, or be able to rapidly develop, a strong knowledge of products within assigned category and division sales requirements.
• Must be able to provide fact-based recommendations across various levels of management.
• The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of motivation, creativity, the ability to prioritize and self direct, strong business acumen and sound interpersonal skills.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills required.
• Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Microsoft Outlook.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 250,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With nearly 25,000 employees and more than 60 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill. and generates approximately $23 billion in annual revenue.
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .
- US Foods Jobs