US Foods Associate Manager Indirect Procurement in Rosemont, Illinois
The Associate Manager Indirect Procurement drives Indirect spend category performance through detailed analysis of current spend, understanding of business requirements, and partnering with functional/regional stakeholders to develop and implement strategic sourcing actions. Key activities will include; developing accurate current spend baselines, conducting competitive vendor RFPs & negotiations, developing demand management policies, tracking contract and policy compliance, and reporting spend & savings impact for assigned categories.This role will be report to a Director of Indirect Spend, however may be called on to support other Indirect Spend teams for specific projects. Success will be measured based on spend addressed, savings achieved, and working capital impact (supplier payment terms). Prioritization of the most meaningful opportunities and the ability to work cross-functionally are critical to success.
- Develop accurate baseline spend data and appropriate, actionable segments;
- Serve as a thought partner to Indirect Spend Director in development of category strategies;
- Maintain close working relationships with Regions, divisions & relevant corporate functions understanding their unique needs and perspectives, and ensuring their needs are addressed/met in the overall category strategy;
- Maintain and continuously improve categorization of Indirect Sourcing spend cube for spend under management.
- Develop RFIs & RFPs and manage online auctions;
- Conduct analytics resulting from RFP’s, eAuction’s, and 1:1 negotiations – develop recommendations, counter-proposals, targets & proposed next steps;
- Develop demand management policies;
- Develop compliance tracking tools for implemented vendor awards and policies;
- Quantify and report both identified and implemented sourcing project results.
- Draft and review agreements and contracts to support the category's success through the course of vendor negotiation and management.
- Identify and drive continuous improvements in Indirect Sourcing processes and reporting.
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Develop supplier scorecards and track vendor performance;
- Support strategic vendor business reviews;
- Manage and maintain relationships with small to medium vendors;
- Coordinate with Regions, divisions & relevant corporate functions to resolve vendor or policy issues.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
- Four-year Bachelor's degree in business or related field required;
- Minimum 3 years' Category Management or equivalent experience, in a well-respected supply chain organization or consulting environment, required;
- Prior experience in foodservice or food manufacturing preferred.
- Possesses the ability to operate successfully in a matrix environment and work effectively across multiple groups and levels;
- Experience managing indirect spend categories using multi-step strategic sourcing processes, especially professional services, MRO, HR, benefits, equipment, and information technology;
- Expert-level financial and analytical skills; embraces fact‐based decision making; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data, spend analytics, and cost modeling;
- Strong project management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences;
- Able to work up, down, and across a large organization; connects at all levels, i.e., operations, management, executives;
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; easily accepts constructive input from others;
- Bias for action and track record of driving tangible impact in Indirect spend.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Category Management
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time