MB Financial Bank Application Support Manager - 6111 N River Rd in Rosemont, Illinois
ITOB *REFERENCE: AD16710**
Summary This position leads a team that maintains, supports, and improves the organization’s mission-critical software applications and is part of the team responsible for making MB Financial Technology a competitive advantage. This individual will apply proven communications, problem-solving, and leadership skills to guide and assist the user group on issues related to design, development, and deployment of business-critical information and software systems.
Responsibilities Strategy & Planning
- Delivers business support services to stakeholders and users as expected.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing applications and develops strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Establishes policies and procedures and implements best practices.
Coordinates the Application Management team and manages resources to deliver quality services according to timelines and SLA’s. Acquisitions & Deployment
Researches and makes recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluates, installs, configures, and deploys new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the organization.
- Interprets internal business issues and recommends innovative solutions and/or best practices to solve the most complex or non-standard problems.
- Analyzes documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality and if it meets business needs.
- Ensures integration of any new internal or external developed software into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Oversees the design, development, and installation of application enhancements and upgrades.
- Contributes to planning and design phase of development by evaluating proposals to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations to resolve any concerns.
- Negotiates contracts with vendors.
Partners with company’s vendors for prompt resolution of any problems or emergencies. Operational Management
Partners with network administrators, software engineers, developers, and vendors to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Compiles and maintains inventory of company software and systems assets.
- Manages application software development and modification requests.
- Guides the team to resolve production issues identified in the applications.
- Liaises with the Client Service Team (CST) to manage and ensure priorities are fulfilled.
- Develops and recommends team strategy and budget.
- Works with Business Controls to identify and resolve gaps in process/procedure.
- Ensures departmental procedures are documented, approved, and followed.
- Complies with all applicable federal and state regulations.
- “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
- Other duties may be assigned. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems with at least 7 years of related experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree with core component of technology is desired.
Additional preferred experience includes 3 years of:
- people management of a team of 5 or more people;
- direct systems and/or application management;
- hands-on experience with automated software management tools This position also expects:
- Proven experience overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
Previous Expertise on Resource Management, including staff time management a must. Competencies
Utilizes a variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively convey information and ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Logical, efficient, and proactive with proven creative problem-solving abilities and keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative work relationships with team members.
- Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame and budget in a high-pressure environment. Consults with management to complete assigned responsibilities and inform of conflicts or issues.
- Effective organizational, leadership and presentation skills.
- Strong business focus with demonstrated ability to act in partnership with management teams. Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing, PowerPoint, Visio and Spreadsheet software. Data analysis and software experience is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities This job has supervisory responsibilities. Responsible for development of staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, coaching for performance and resolving problems.
Some travel may be required.
**MB Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a pre-employment urine drug screening.**