MB Financial Bank AML Investigator II- 155 S. Executive Drive Brookfield, WI (or Rosemont, IL) in Rosemont, Illinois
The AML Investigator II is a member of the Bank’s Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”) and is responsible for conducting money laundering and terrorist financing investigations and related-projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews alerts escalated by AML Investigator I and determines whether an investigations needs to be conducted.
- Conducts periodic internal account/customer reviews to identify potentially suspicious activity.
- Completes analysis of transactional information to identify risks, trends and potential suspicious activity.
- Completes and accurately documents steps taken through the investigation process in a timely manner.
- Interviews employees and clients to obtain information related to unusual or suspicious activity.
- Determines the best investigative approach for each unique case, ensuring that key questions are addressed and that department policies/regulatory expectations.
- Prepares comprehensive case files for investigations and Suspicious Activity Reports in compliance with established internal guidelines and time frames.
- Escalates high risk cases to FIU management and effectively communicates investigation findings to FIU.
- Detects potentially suspicious activity when manual complex processes are needed.
- Executes and/or implements projects, processes and initiatives.
- Functions as a key contributor with demonstrated knowledge of AML/KYC issues, as well as broader functional knowledge.
- Makes recommendations to the FIU Manager or AML Supervisor regarding suspicious activity monitoring and investigations to ensure ongoing improvement and evolution of governance programs and practices in response to identified risks and/or gaps in the system.
- Assists and adheres to the FIU quality control process.
- Makes recommendations for closing accounts/exiting relationships.
- Complies with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and one to three years related experience with specific emphasis on investigations (including conducting enhanced due diligence on individuals and entities that are the subject of an investigation) related to AML, BSA, and fraud prevention at a financial institution, regulatory agency or law enforcement agency; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The AML Investigator II should have experience in conducting investigations involving clients in the Retail, Commercial and Wealth Management lines of business. Experience in conducting investigations involving international trade services, money services businesses or third party payment processors and debit cards and credit cards would be a plus.
The investigator must havestrong analytical and investigative skills,be able to work independently, and exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality in the handling investigation information.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software. Solid understanding of the e-file SAR form.
Certificates and Licenses
No certifications required. CAMS or CFE certification preferred.
**MB Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a pre-employment urine drug screening.