US Foods Territory Manager- Rockford, IL in Rockford, Illinois
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Territory Manager is responsible for developing and managing established as well as new customers, by selling food and non-food items to achieve sales and profitability goals. Primary areas of responsibilities are: • Primary owner of customer relationship • Selling, and engaging customers in value added activities. • Leveraging other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening USF has a comprehensive training program for the Territory Manager position. In many cases, newly-hired TMs will be classified as TM Unassigned (E8072) until the employee successfully completes the training program and is assigned to a territory. After that, the employee may be moved into the TM (E7172) role.
At US Foods® we help our customers make it with products and services that shape the communities where we live and work. We are passionate about demonstrating the same commitment to helping our employees make it through continued professional growth opportunities and broad career path potential. As a Territory Manager, you help developing and established customers leverage our various services, optimize their product usage and maximize their profits.
Why US Foods?
Our Customers' success goes far beyond great food. At US Foods, we work to exceed expectations and give our customers the competitive edge they need. At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and commitment to service.
At US Foods®, we are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work. If you join our team, we provide flexibility and options to fit every stage of your career.
Main Ingredients of the Job
· Foster the customer relationship in a team based selling model.
· Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (e.g., delivery mis picks, short on loads, stock-outs).
· Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
· Leverage other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
· Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
· Know the market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
· Drive motor vehicle to existing customers, and prospects, to ensure product delivery, which may include lifting/carrying up to 75lbs.
What You Bring to the Table
· One+ year of sales (foodservice industry preferred) or culinary/restaurant management experience
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities
· Motor vehicle record in good standing
· Problem solving ability and negotiation skills
· Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office products
· HS Diploma or equivalent
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk: Distribution Management Specialist or Officer, Culinary Specialist ,1st Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles: www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC/
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 866-960-5886. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.
- US Foods Jobs