Bank of America Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Development Program in Quincy, Illinois
Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Development Program
Houston, Texas;Beaumont, Texas; Frisco, Texas; Leawood, Kansas; Scottsdale, Arizona; Dallas, Texas; McKinney, Texas; Gilbert, Arizona; Dallas, Texas; Corpus Christi, Texas; Lincoln, Nebraska; Tyler, Texas; Omaha, Nebraska; Casper, Wyoming; Houston, Texas; El Paso, Texas; Kingwood, Texas; Fort Worth, Texas; Austin, Texas; The Woodlands, Texas; The Woodlands, Texas; Fort Worth, Texas; Houston, Texas; Flower Mound, Texas; Waco, Texas; Houston, Texas; College Station, Texas; Phoenix, Arizona; Georgetown, Texas; Peoria, Arizona; Austin, Texas; Springfield, Missouri; Kansas City, Missouri; Chesterfield, Missouri; Boulder, Colorado; Austin, Texas; Cape Girardeau, Missouri; Fort Collins, Colorado; Hot Springs, Arkansas; Midland, Texas; Clayton, Missouri; Aspen, Colorado; Fort Smith, Arkansas; Galveston, Texas; Frontenac, Missouri; Greenwood Village, Colorado; Rogers, Arkansas; Denver, Colorado; Grand Junction, Colorado; Southlake, Texas; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Wichita Falls, Texas; Amarillo, Texas; Houston, Texas; Lake Jackson, Texas; Dallas, Texas; San Antonio, Texas; Houston, Texas; McAllen, Texas; San Antonio, Texas; Quincy, Illinois; Sugar Land, Texas; Denver, Colorado; Conroe, Texas; Glen Carbon, Illinois; Denver, Colorado; Las Cruces, New Mexico; Roswell, New Mexico; Lubbock, Texas; Hobbs, New Mexico; Lufkin, Texas; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Swansea, Illinois; Santa Fe, New Mexico; Abilene, Texas; Lawton, Oklahoma; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Shreveport, Louisiana; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Tucson, Arizona; Scottsdale, Arizona; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
At Merrill, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals across the country. We are looking for the next generation of Financial Advisors – those with a passion for growing a long-term career and a drive to make our clients’ financial lives better.
The Financial Advisor Development Program (FADP) is an industry-recognized training program for professionals who wish to build a wealth management business. The program sets you up for success by providing hands-on practice, support, and personalized coaching from dedicated performance managers, enabling you to come up-to-speed quickly as a successful Financial Advisor. New advisor mentoring has been our strength since 1946. Throughout the program, you’ll receive best-in-class training from our award-winning Academy, including dedicated support during the different stages of your training, helping you develop the critical skills and knowledge necessary for establishing a robust wealth management business—acquiring clients, developing relationships, providing tailored strategies and more.
While not required, we value industry knowledge and offer a $2,500 hiring bonus for individuals who have passed the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam (or equivalent).
You will also have access to the resources and full capabilities of both Merrill and Bank of America. With our tools, powerful platform, and ongoing team support, you can spend more time on what matters most to you and your clients. Our open-door, collaborative culture will give you the type of leadership support you need and the confidence that your firm is always behind you as you move through the different stages of development along the path to becoming an advisor.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
As a Merrill Financial Advisor, you can look forward to
• Developing and growing your book of business by effectively sourcing prospective clients
• Helping clients pursue and meet their financial goals by recommending suitable investment products and services
• Utilizing market viewpoints, investment strategies, and model portfolios from our Chief Investment Office to efficiently scale your investment strategy while leveraging our advanced financial software to manage clients’ goals-based financial strategies
• Receiving ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and optimize your practice as the industry evolves
• Unlimited potential for financial growth starting with a base salary with bonus potential while in FADP
We’ll help you
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from FADP Performance Managers who are invested in your success
• Earn your Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 and Series 66 licenses through dedicated support and study time
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive advice, deliver client reviews/presentations with confidence and recommend strategies to help clients achieve their financial goals and life priorities
• Become knowledgeable about core banking and investment solutions with access to firm and banking partners to meet client needs
• Learn how to confidently connect with qualified prospects and engage with them to understand their financial goals
• Build connections by tapping into a range of specialists, from banking and lending to insurance and retirement
• Continuously learn and grow, with on-going career development support and mentorship
• Achieve additional professional designations after completing FADP
We’re a culture that
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients
• Provides access to a wide range of benefit programs and resources that support you and your family
• Is committed to responsible growth and supporting the communities we live in and serve
• Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help our employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience
• Is invested in advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to meet our clients’ evolving needs
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals and businesses. We specialize in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance. Our advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship committed to their needs. We’re here to provide a supportive environment so you can focus on assisting your clients better and deepening relationships.
You’re the kind of person that:
• Sets and accomplishes goals, achieving whatever you put your mind to
• Is comfortable in a business development role and finds ways to build strong connections with prospective clients
• Demonstrates an ability to influence
• Has strong relationship and interpersonal skills
• Communicates clearly and confidently with clients from all walks of life
• Adheres to high professional standards and integrity
• Seeks solutions that are in the clients’ best interests
• Works well with others and collaborates productively to get things done
• Can manage complexity, prioritize tasks and execute in a fast-paced environment
• Is a quick and resourceful learner, takes initiative and can adapt to new information
• Is ready to make a career transition and to grow as a Financial Advisor
You’ll be even more prepared if you have
- Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 and /or Series 66 equivalent licenses• At least 3 years of experience working in the financial service industry and/or a business development environment where goals were met or exceeded• An established network and connections• An ability to multi-task in a demanding environment• Bachelor’s degree or higher
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .
Bank of America
- Bank of America Jobs