Cargill FSQR Chemist II in Paris, Illinois
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
The Food Safety & Quality Regulatory (FSQR) Chemist is responsible for ensuring products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety, as well as, developing an in depth understanding of specific FSQR systems. The success of the FSQR Chemist II position is measured in local impact to customer happiness, minimization or process variation, process recovery realization, waste reduction, cost minimization, and ability to act as a FSQR specialist backup.At this level, you will work under direct supervision and handle basic issues and problems while referring more complex issues to a higher-level staff.
• Delivers daily assessment of process quality parameters and FSQR systems including cross-checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing & oversight of analytical testing performed in control rooms.
• Provides process improvement support, specialized testing, training, auditing of systems, data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action, and communication with regard to processing data, final product & wastewater.
• Handles customer audits, initiatives, and follow-ups.
• Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to new team members.
• Approves final production & assurance of compliance to customer specifications.
• Maintains and coordinates the FSQR chemist technician partnership and training systems.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in sciences field or equivalent experience
• 2 years+ of related work experience
• Ability to work in a plant type environment with extreme temperatures and to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to work overtime, holidays and weekends
• Bachelor's Degree in sciences field
• Cargill FSQR Experience
• PCQI Certification
• Strong instrumentation background
• Proven ability to anticipate, recognize, solve process and laboratory problems
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing environment
• Ability to handle multiple priorities with large projects
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs