Comcast Eng 2, XOC in Oak Brook, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for being the escalation point of contact for all high level break/fix and maintenance issues or events for the OC. Responds to escalations and resolves issues that arise from hardware and software failures. Manages network tuning, performance and designs strategies, and makes recommends to improve network performance.
- Ensures the availability of networking services; studies, evaluates, analyzes, and monitors the network to determine problem areas and/or areas of concern. Monitors and isolates outages and impairments. Ensures that server databases and other related resources are properly maintained and devises strategies to improve performance of the network.
-Experience with Mysql Databases and Linux Operating Systems preferred.Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Field of study-Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer