Dr Pepper Snapple Group Production Line Manager in Northlake, Illinois
Line Manager 2ndShift, Northlake, IL - Supply Chain
The Line Manager has overall operations responsibility for directing the safe, efficient, quality, and cost-effective lean manufacture of high-quality product at a the Dr Pepper Snapple Groups Manufacturing facility in Northlake, IL. This is part of the plant leadership team and will report to the Director of Operations.
The Line Manager is accountable for production and packaging of beverage products that comply with quality standards and meet customer demand. This manager is responsible for developing 3 Production Supervisors, 3 Team Leaders and 40 front line operators in a safe working environment and will be accountable for delivering 45 million cases of product per year across 8 high speed production lines. This position will also include responsibility for 2ndshift production.
Join the team at Dr. Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to “Be the Best Beverage Business in the Americas”. The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement in the operations team performance by implementing lean manufacturing concepts, techniques, and processes.
- Implement new performance management systems, production plans and performance criteria.
- Confirm production progress; rapidly respond to delays and changes; implement corrective and preventative actions; monitor and record KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Create and implement improvement plans for the overall operation.
- Drive technical problem solving with maintenance team leadership to enhance equipment reliability rates and implement joint corrective actions that improve mean time to repair and mean time between failures.
- Drive production team to develop and improve standard work that supports a lean manufacturing environment with a specific focus on waste reduction and continuous efficiency improvements.
- Committed to team based problem solving within operations and capable of fostering individual development across the team.
- Incorporate and ensure safety programs are adhered to including guards and safety features are working, and promote good daily safety practices and habits.
Ensure team understands roles and responsibilities as it relates to core accountabilities, including safety, quality, productivity and delivery.
- Communicate goals and objectives, apply company policy, corrective action resolution, and review the performance of employees.
- People development to include; training, coaching and insuring positive employee relations. Build robust talent pool through active development of direct reports and other leaders in the organization.
- Manage financial aspects of the operation area including annual budget development, capital planning and administration.
- Lead thru RCI (Rapid Continuous Improvement) methods – Implementing and utilizing visual management and CAP processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of food / beverage bottling / can manufacturing.
- Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma certifications / training.
- Demonstrated understanding and proven implementation of TPM (Total Production Maintenance) / 5S.
- SAP manufacturing applications and strong computer skills.
- Basic understanding of labor and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated supervisory, organizational and interpersonal ability.
- Ability to problem solve and multitask.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or Management
We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements.
#LI - AB1
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
5 years of managing Supervisors in a fast paced and continuous operation manufacturing environment
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS) is one of North America’s leading refreshment beverage companies, manufacturing, bottling and distributing more than 50 brands of carbonated soft drinks, juices, teas, mixers, waters and other premium beverages.
With a brand heritage spanning more than 200 years, the DPS portfolio includes some of the most recognized beverages in the Americas. More than 75 percent of the company’s overall volume is from brands that are either #1 or #2 in their flavor categories. In addition to its flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, the DPS portfolio includes 7UP, Mott’s, A&W, Sunkist soda, Hawaiian Punch, Canada Dry, Schweppes, RC Cola, Diet Rite, Squirt, Peñafiel, Yoo-hoo, Rose’s, Clamato, Mr & Mrs T and other well-known consumer favorites.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
Organization: *Supply Chain
Title: Production Line Manager
Requisition ID: 1809206