MB Financial Bank Commercial Banking Associate - 6401 N. Lincoln Ave in Lincolnwood, Illinois
Reference: NB16964 **Summary
The primary responsibility of the Commercial Banking Associate (CBA) is to provide high quality service to clients, prospects and associates, while performing the work assigned. The incumbent works as part of the department team to ensure individual and department goals are met. Although the CBA has primary responsibility for supporting the Lending Officers, this employee should also be able to perform all duties of a Personal Banker, including sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Has an awareness of general banking products and services provided by other departments, such as Treasury Management and Wealth Management products, and has the ability to initiate referrals to these departments.
- Has knowledge of banks products and services, pricing and internal requirements, and is able to communicate these effectively to customer.
- Operates network computers/software, and other equipment necessary to handle financial transactions. Has knowledge of Client Builder and Custom Lender.
- Has complete understanding of the Bank’s Credit Policy, including individual Officer Authority and Loan Committee authority.
- Provides back up support in loan processing and loan documentation such as, but not limited to: Ordering - Illinois Complete Search, Tract Search or Title Insurance, Flood Determination, Proof of Insurance.
- Accurately packages executed commercial loan documents and ensures they are delivered to Loan Documentation in a timely manner, including verifying that documents are signed by customer and officer, proper authority is indicated, and all supporting backup documentation is included.
- Directs or performs all account maintenance activities requested by customers and management.
- Is able to direct requests from customers for such items as: name and address changes, check orders, issue/renew/cash CDs; signs up customers for direct deposit and automatic bill paying by ACH; answers rate inquiries and quotes rates (APY / APR); accepts orders for stop payment (checks, ACH), collection, wire transfer, and savings bonds; provides statement printouts, orders Visa Check Card/ATM cards and PIN numbers; provides notary service.
- Promotes bank services and cross-sells bank products.
- Knows where the CRA notice, statement and public disclosure file is located in the branch and who the CRA Officer is.
- Orders department supplies. Calls for required maintenance and repairs for equipment located within the department.
- Provides relief or backup coverage for other employees as required.
- Accepts mail deposits from customers and correctly processes these transactions.
- Process Daily Overdrafts online, in a timely manner.
- Processes customer on-line transfers between deposit accounts.
- Opens and closes accounts for Business customers using the Desktop system with 95% accuracy.
- Answers department telephones as necessary, taking complete and accurate messages for associates and handling as many customer requests as possible without passing them on.
- Process all requests for loan documentation through the Custom Lender System and completes all required data entry fields.
- Gains knowledge of banks General Ledger and is able to properly process tickets for items as needed.
- Participates in on-going training.
- Has the ability to handle reporting suspicious transactions/activity/situations to appropriate personnel.
- Processes customer requests for payments and advances through loan servicing forms.
- Complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of Word, Excel and Access.
**MB Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a pre-employment urine drug screening.