US Foods Customer Contact Field Leader - Central (Virtual Based On Region) in Illinois, Illinois
Join Our Community of Food People!
The primary purpose of this position is to lead a team of customer service professionals and advance the delivery of our shared services model. The critical focus areas will be the customer experience, identifying process improvement opportunities, and measuring the delivery of our customer service model in a consistent objective way.
This position is expected to contribute to strategic planning for the function, help establish and execute the future vision of the model. This role will need to influence leaders in their region at all levels and gain their trust through consistent delivery of results at an optimal level of quality. They will need to be a subject matter expert and work through others to meet our customer service standards. Further responsibilities will include maintaining professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends and delivering results to both our internal and external customers.
This position is responsible for conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning and career pathing focused on the development of the associates reporting into the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
People Leadership – 40%
• Ability to manage a larger team with varying skill levels from people managers to entry level individual contributors.
• Provide coaching, best practice sharing, training and constructive feedback. Identify development needs on an individual basis.
• Establish expectations both quantitative and qualitative, review on an on-going basis. Participate in monthly performance review meetings.
• Ensure established training protocols are delivered for cross training support work and standardized processes for absorbing new work into the shared services model.
• Train and coach team members ensuring they are set up for success in all aspects of their role including their development for future roles.
CI/Project Management– 35%
• Develop and maintain a consistent customer onboarding process using SOUS and other tools. Fully understand and leverage this functionality in order to improve workflow and quality measures.
• Maintain and enhance Key Performance Indicators based on feedback from the sales teams. Ensure both operational and business objectives are being met and budget responsibility for assigned area of responsibility
• Obtain regular feedback from all sources, including the selling organization, field leaders, and customers. Act as point of contact and escalation path for the service organization to meet the needs of the business and guarantee customer priority
• Conduct regular role effectiveness reviews across the enterprise, seeking feedback from local and national teams for continued improvement. Manage survey process for both internal and external customers to ensure satisfaction
• Lead delivery of functional projects as assigned, focused on technology and processes relevant to our established customer service queues.
• Drive process improvement through technology; think strategically about new initiatives, participate in researching new technology selections.
• Ensure best practices for both process and technology across the team. Identify opportunities for improvement of existing functionality.
• Develop or research new tools that drive efficiency in the delivery of model; Continuously seek opportunities for synergy, improvement, simplification and automation of existing processes, technology, reporting, etc.
• Provide thought leadership to internal business customers by researching and analyzing data to draw conclusions, identify trends and uncover potential issues. Use this knowledge to develop recommendations.
• Lead frontline management to be aligned with best in class methodologies such as quality performance, training initiatives and associate scheduling leveraged by driving operational efficiencies to improve customer service activity
Strategic Planning – 25%
• Build and foster a collaborative network with the purpose of strengthening alignment, sharing best practices and driving communication.
• Provide thought leadership to internal customers and connect externally in the assigned region to hear the voice of the customer.
• Build, track and share standard KPIs for the team ensuring they are consisting driving towards excellence and meeting the needs of the functions and associates supported.
• Participate in annual budgeting process while consistently driving for financial fitness as the cornerstone of effectively delivering the shared services model.
• Establish and maintain well-defined hiring criteria and methodology and a selection process aimed at securing the best talent for customer contact roles. Collaborate closely with hiring managers and field leadership to ensure candidates are properly vetted and are an ideal fit
• Establish and deploy an effective training strategy for customer contact roles, including onboarding and continuous education. Collaborate closely with Customer Contact Quality and Training and Workforce management leaders, and the Learning & Development team to determine and ensure the right training content and delivery approach
Customer Contact Managers. Direct reports 10-15 managers and indirect staff will range from 100-150.
Internal: Region Presidents, Area Presidents, Local and National Sales leaders, Customer contact personnel, and other functions as required
External: US Foods customers and vendors
• Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience managing a team of customer (internal or external) facing professionals is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of management and leadership experience required
• In-depth knowledge of customer service leadership in principles and practices with food service and contact center knowledge preferred
• Collaborate with peers, SBS leadership, VP Customer Contact and staff, and Local and National Sales, to maintain consistency in servicing customers and sellers striving toward a positive experience for the customer or seller
• Professional leadership skills, someone who can lead and inspire teams exhibiting the skills to understand team dynamics; able to lead under pressure. Ability to train/develop direct reports
• Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to interact across multiple stakeholders at various levels in the organization, external customers and vendors
• Ability to operate independently in a highly efficient manner; Superior organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
• Strategic thinker who can analyze and solve unique, complex problems that impact the customers’ experience or the organization
• Able to interpret data and translate into actionable steps; helps drive a culture of continuous improvement working toward department goals
• Strong performance management background to address disciplinary or performance concerns according to company policy
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required. Telephone system and reporting experience required.
• Ability to learn proprietary US Foods systems including ordering systems, Salesforce.com, and other internal systems as needed.
• Ability to travel up to 50% is required.
• Establish leadership experience, ability to inspire confidence and credibility. Excellent presentation skills and the ability to lead others to consensus
• Strong inter-personal and emotional intelligence skills. Displays professionalism with customers, vendors and internal leadership/staff.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
- US Foods Jobs