PNC Underwriting Analyst Sr - Mortgage in Downers Grove, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101259 UW Analyst Sr - Mtg
Under direct supervision, completes basic due diligence, document processing and financial/statistical analysis in support of the underwriting function. May assist in preparation of business case for credit approval, but does not have credit approval authority.
Performs basic due diligence, including reviewing relevant forms, providing analysis and ordering reports.
Assists in the underwriting process by ensuring the accuracy and/or completeness of relevant information and documents.
Performs basic financial analysis, such as cash flow and collateral analysis.
Researches/responds to internal/external customer questions and inquiries.
IL - Downers Grove
Underwriting Analyst Sr - Mortgage
Line of Business:
Operations – Retail Lending Services
IL388 - Downers Grove
Total Hours Per Week:
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Downers Grove
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require an Associates or equivalent degree as well as related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 4+ years of related business or functional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Office Support Tools - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use office support tools available at the desktop (for example: word processing, e-mail, presentation software, and spreadsheets.)
Information Capture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Effective Communications - Basic Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Basic Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Working Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Financial Analysis - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.
Operational Functions - Working Experience
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.