PNC Software Developer Sr in Downers Grove, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100219 Software Developer Sr
Provides detailed technical design and development of software solutions using existing and emerging technology platforms.
Proposes & designs software solutions to address complex business needs.
Writes code, tests and deploys software.
Prepares technical and procedural documentation required for software.
Maintains and debugs software.
OH - Miamisburg
Software Developer Sr
Line of Business:
OH388 - Miamisburg Bldg 1
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
FL - Jacksonville, IL - Downers Grove, OH - Miamisburg
Candidates being considered for this position will be subject to additional background checks as established by the specific government client contract.
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Application Design, Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
Application Development Tools - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Application Delivery Process - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Application Testing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
Packaged Application Integration - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and processes of packaged application integration; ability to integrate packaged applications across diverse systems, databases and technology platforms, to share business data and processes among connected application sources.
System Development Life Cycle - Working Experience
- Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
Technical Troubleshooting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Technical Writing/Documentation - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Software Developer Sr within PNC's Mortgage Technology organization, you will be based in Miamisburg, OH, Downers Grove, IL or Jacksonville, FL.