PNC Paralegal Sr in Downers Grove, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100479 Paralegal Sr
Within the legal department and under attorney direction, provides analytical and support services.
Assists attorneys with substantive and procedural legal work.
Prepares, reviews and analyzes legal documents.
Investigates and analyzes issues and conducts legal research.
IL - Downers Grove
Line of Business:
IL417 - Corridors III
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Downers Grove
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Document Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to store, categorize and update an organization's documents in order to ensure the security, effectiveness and integrity of business information.
Litigation Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of substantive and procedural law and ability to apply this knowledge to legal negotiation and formal litigation.
LEGAL FUNCTION - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the legal function or department; ability to provide legal consulting, advice and assistance.
Contracts Review - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the contractual and legal matters related to expenditures (consulting services, maintenance, agreements, hardware and software acquisitions, outsourcing, etc.); ability to evaluate, interpret and improve the language used in contractual agreements.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Paralegal Senior within PNC's Legal organization, you will be based in Downers Grove, IL .
As a Paralegal Senior you will support several attorneys in the PNC Mortgage practice group primarily located in Downers Grove, IL. The daily functions of this position include: legal research and tracking of regulations and laws relevant to residential mortgage, consumer lending and related banking laws as well as fact investigation, information gathering and coordination of regulatory and other legal matters. This role will also review borrower complaints, review and process inquiries from the business and work on projects as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have previous paralegal experience preferably in the mortgage or financial services space, but not required. Strong attention to detail, a desire to learn, demonstrated ability to produce high quality work, excellent communication, and strong organizational skills will ensure success in this role.