PNC Data Manager in Downers Grove, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100274 Data Mgr
Manages all aspects of organizational data; establishes and maintains policies and procedures for planning, designing and maintaining an information bank to ensure that data services are delivered in a high-quality and profitable manner.
Provides senior leadership, direction and methodology for analysis, structure and storage of critical organizational data.
Oversees the integrity and maintenance of organizational data.
Monitors and reviews major organizational activities and goals to ensure important data needs are anticipated, and met.
Reviews and recommends policies and procedures for collecting and managing organization data.
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
Operations – Retail Lending Services
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
Special Job Requirements:
Looking for Someone with 8-10 yea r experience working in the Data Management Business Intelligence Arena.
Experience with data architecture design that drives self-service reporting/analytics.
Appropriate data modeling and design or dimensional data modeling
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
FL - Jacksonville, IL - Downers Grove, OH - Brecksville, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Job Specific Competencies:
Data Administration - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to manage an organization's architectures, data resources, polices, practices and procedures to appropriately and effectively address business and stakeholder's needs.
Data Warehousing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of how to collect data from different information sources and distribute them to users; ability to use this information to simplify information systems and make sound business decisions.
Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes or events.
Information Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of an organization's existing and planned Information Architecture and Information Management (IM) methodology; ability to collect and manage information from different sources, and distribute this information to enhance operational efficiency.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Data Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations.
Data Governance - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to develop and maintain an organization's data in order to meet business requirements.
Business Intelligence - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize business processes and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data that helps the organization make better business decisions.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use a structured approach to identify the cause of undesirable consequences in a manufacturing environment and the changes needed to prevent a recurrence.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Data Manager within PNC's Retail Lending organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Brecksville, OH Downers Grove, IL or Jacksonville, FL.
The Data Manager is responsible for designing and implementing a business oriented data strategy to support PNC’s Retail Lending Business. The Data Manager sits within the Retail Lending Business Intelligence group and serves as a liaison to MIS and enterprise data teams.
The Data Manager will connect Retail Lending’s data needs and data strategy to the overall Retail and enterprise data strategy by working closely with various data stakeholders across PNC.
This manager will have experience in designing data architecture that supports business architecture. In addition to designing, this individual will be responsible for implementation by leading a team of data experts.