PNC Configuration Management Specialist in Downers Grove, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100297 Configuration Mgmt Spec
Builds, enhances, and maintains central configuration databases; tracks change requests, analyzes and recommends enhancements, and evaluates requests for new configuration management requirements.
Responds to questions related to configuration management policies and procedures. Performs configuration verification audits.
Conducts and reports on impact assessments for planned configuration changes on hardware and software.
Maintains integrity and traceability of the configuration throughout its life cycle, by implementing library control, product builds, tools setup and maintenance.
Provides configuration management reporting and information and performs library control and product builds.
OH - Miamisburg
Configuration Management Specialist
Line of Business:
OH388 - Miamisburg Bldg 1
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Downers Grove, OH - Miamisburg
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Performance Measurement and Tuning - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to monitor, measure, and optimize individual and combined utilization of hardware, software and telecommunications components.
IT Quality Assurance - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of specific technical tools and testing methods to ensure the quality of IT production.
IT Service Change Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to reduce the impact of related incidents on IT service to ensure standard processes and procedures are adhered to, and to improve IT service operations.
Capacity Planning & Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the tools and practices for determining and managing resources (hardware, software, telecommunications, etc.); ability to plan and manage the capacity to provide satisfactory levels of service for current and future applications.
Change Control - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the process and procedure by which a change is identified, evaluated, approved, monitored and documented; ability to effectively control and manage changes in the production environment and in the technology-based assets of the organization (e.g., application software, production databases, operating systems software, hardware).
Configuration Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to manage the process, tools and techniques for managing hardware, software, communications, facilities and personnel that provide the organization's IT services.
Software Installation and Support - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to plan and execute software platform changes with minimal service disruption to the client.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Configuration Management Specialist within PNC's Mortgage Technology - Originations organization, you will join a team of technology professionals supporting our Mortgage and Home Equity partners originating and fulfilling real estate loans on the Black Knight Financial Services' Empower application.
The qualified candidate will have in depth knowledge of mortgage loan originations and related processes. This position will work closely with Business Systems Analysts, Developers, business partners and testing to provide system enhancements and analysis. Knowledge of mortgage product and pricing related data and attributes is required. We are seeking a self motivated team player to join our configuration team.
A candidate with Black Knight Financial Services Empower experience would stand out. Knowledge of Agile software development would be a plus