PNC Business Analyst-IT in Downers Grove, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100364 Bus Analyst-IT
Analyzes information technology (IT) requirements in business processes, through requirements elicitation, solutions identification, risk analysis and collaboration across (IT) teams.
Develops documents for IT applications, system specifications and test plans, according to existing standards and methodologies.
Elicits the requirements needed to carry out business processes including interviews, intelligence analysis and survey assessments.
Translates business needs, processes and procedures into a workable system, and articulates on specific software requirements by communicating about these requirements with technology experts and business stakeholders.
Works closely with business architects and other technology staff to deliver project results while implementing risk analysis and meeting required deliverables.
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
Operations – Retail Lending Services
PA685 - Liberty Commons-CLC
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
FL - Jacksonville, IL - Downers Grove, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Process Design - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of business process design techniques that encourage a critical, fresh look at key processes and focus on optimizing organizational performance; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Information Capture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Business Data Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the investigation, evaluation, interpretation, and classification of business data; the ability to collect, identify, analyze and interpret business data using various kinds of techniques to meet business needs and requirements.
Software Product Business Knowledge - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and experience with the business aspects and operation of a software product; knowledge of the install base, current uses, future plans, and product vision.
Process Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Requirements Analysis - Working Experience
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes or events.
Project Management - Basic Experience
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Bus Analyst-IT within PNC's Business Integration Management organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Jacksonville and / or Downers Grove location.