Bank of America Wealth Management Lending Officer - Chicago City in Chicago, Illinois
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it counts by joining our industry-leading Consumer Lending team at Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. We’re looking for people with focus and drive – people who take the time to get to know clients, engage with them to understand what’s important to them, and provide the lending solutions, service and expertise they need to achieve their financial goals
As part of the Bank of America team, wealth management lending officers (WMLOs) have access to industry-leading products and services, award winning platforms and a team of dedicated loan coordinators and underwriters – all designed to meet the unique life priorities of our clients. The WMLO is aligned to a group of Merrill Lynch financial advisors within a Merrill Lynch market. They partner closely with Merrill Lynch financial advisors as part of one team that delivers exceptional client care. The WMLO responds to client inquiries and referrals that are generated from both their own contacts and from their aligned Merrill Lynch financial advisors.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
We’ll help you
• Get training and one-on-one coaching from managers who are invested in your success. You’ll take part in additional training and development through our Academy to develop in your role.
• Grow your network to eventually grow your business. Leverage our relationships with one out of two U.S. households.
• Provide end-to-end comprehensive lending guidance and solutions to prospective borrowers by uncovering their life priorities, analyzing financial and credit data, and determining client financing objectives.
• Stay informed on changing market conditions, business trends and regulatory requirements by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics, as well as conform to all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requirements.
As a lending officer, you can look forward to
• Providing exceptional client care with industry-leading products, services, education and a dedicated team of loan coordinators and underwriters.
• Building a quality external network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Sources may consist of real estate professionals, builders, and professional and personal contacts.
• Expanding your reach further through participation in business-related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
• Robust marketing strategies to reach wider audiences with greater appeal.
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills as the industry evolves and changes.
• A world-class suite of employee benefits.
You’re a person who (required skills)
• Has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a loan origination role with significant experience working with ultra-high net worth and affluent client base.
• Has demonstrated success in prospecting, generating leads, closing business and consistently meeting/exceeding production goals.
• Has a strong background in the credit solutions, ranging from standard to custom mortgage products and other securities-based lending.
• Has significant experience building relationships with clients.
• Understands processing, underwriting and/or closing procedures.
• Has a working knowledge of federal regulations governing real estate lending.
• Is a strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Is self-motivated and highly organized.
• Can prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• Can build and maintain solid referral base (that is, strong community involvement/ties, established relationship with assigned Merrill Lynch financial advisors).
• Uses appropriate interpersonal styles, communication methods and approaches to gain clients
• Understands the connection of the level of service provided being directly correlated to driving sales volume.
• Note: Series 7 and 63 licensing is not required but may be maintained permissively.
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
• Familiarity with FHA and HUD guidelines.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications and previous experience using laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information.
• Adaptability and can demonstrate flexibility.
• A positive attitude.
• Effective communication styles.
• An ability to take ownership, accountability and can demonstrate integrity.
• An ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks.
• A bachelor’s degree in business or related field experience.
We’re a culture that
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Posting Date : 06/27/2018
Chicago, IL, 225 W WACKER DR (IL9225),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.