PNC Underwriting Manager I - Agency in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100706 Underwriting Mgr I- Agency
Supervises a team of underwriters and/or underwriting analysts. Provides mentoring, training, advising and assistance to their team during the underwriting process.
Supervises and serves as a point of escalation to staff in performing underwriting responsibilities. Oversees work product quality of team, including satisfying portfolio metrics as applicable. Manages workflow of the team.
Builds ongoing relationships with internal/external customers and other parties.
Ensures compliance with all external regulatory requirements and internal policies/procedures. Provides recommendations for process improvement and participates in special initiatives.
Coaches and develops underwriters. Leads team's performance, training, hiring and development.
Knowledge of IRS Code Section 42 and 47, equity structures and documentation, market research (including onsite inspections and market comp analysis, and 3rd party or external guidelines.
OH - Cleveland
Underwriting Manager I - Agency
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
OH001 - PNC Center - Cleveland
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
CA - San Francisco, DC - Washington DC, IL - Chicago, OH - Cleveland, OK - Tulsa, TX - Dallas
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. At least 3 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Working Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Job Specific Competencies:
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Subject Matter Expertise
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.
Market Research - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to use tools and techniques for collecting, collating and analyzing information on existing or potential markets in order to meet market needs.
Real Estate Practice - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of specializations, tools, practices and regulations within the real estate industry; ability to operate a real estate enterprise to achieve business success.
Real Estate Property Data Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize diverse data analysis processes, techniques and tools in order to analyze, interpret and manage property related data.
Real Estate Sales Closings and Agreements - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the processes, techniques and requirements for formal decision-making; ability to reach an agreement on and close transactions for real properties.
Real Estate Development - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of real estate development; ability to manage different aspects of the real estate development function, including business development, methods of real estate, and operational processes.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Underwriting Manager I- Agency within PNC's FHA organization, you will be based in Cleveland, OH . Other locations may be considered.