PNC Underwriter IV - Business Credit in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100688 Underwriter IV- Bus Credit
Works independently with little or no oversight. Exercises exception and elevated approval authority. Prepares offerings for all types of transactions at any level of complexity or in management of a portfolio as assigned. Interacts with internal/external customers. Provides recommendations for credit structuring. Serves as subject matter expert for certain asset classes. Serves as a coach, work lead and trainer for the group.
Using independent judgment to identify risks and mitigants, prepares offerings and/or scorecards, such as risk ratings, by analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of loan/transaction parties. If relevant, performs ongoing credit risk management for assigned portfolio. Coaches and/or reviews the work of other underwriters and fills in for manager as required.
Contacts internal/external customers and other parties as appropriate to gather information and to clarify inconsistent, incorrect or missing information. May perform relevant pre-approval and post-approval activities.
Identifies and/or confirms all external regulatory requirements. Ensures internal policies/procedures are followed.
Makes recommendations on credit decisions or makes credit decisions directly, as appropriate.
IL - Chicago
Underwriter IV - Business Credit
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
IL016 - One North Franklin Building
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Office Support Tools - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use office support tools available at the desktop (for example: word processing, e-mail, presentation software, and spreadsheets.)
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Coaching Others - Working Experience
- Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Extensive Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Financial Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.
Operational Functions - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Underwriter IV within PNC's Business Credit organization, you will be based in Chicago, IL .