Bank of America Technical Business Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
The Technical Business Analyst will analyze and translate the business needs and assess the feasibility for enhancements to existing applications or building new applications.
In this role, you are responsible for elicit and documenting the business and functional requirements, generating process/data flow diagrams, and creating user guides. You will also be analyzing the impact of the proposed solutions across the business, develop use cases to explain/demonstrate the businessrequirements/specificationsto the IT team, and contribute a business or process perspective during design reviews.
You are also responsible for partnering with the test team to develop system integration test scripts and ensure the testing results correspond to the expectations of the business.
• Previous experience in Application Development or hands-on testing is desired, but not required
• Experience working in Agile or Waterfall methodology and a deep understanding of various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with bothtechnology/developmentand business partners – ability to translate between these two constituencies
• Information Security, Auditing, or Control Function background is nice to have, but is not required
• Solid grasp of how technology interacts with other technology
• Heavy data analytics background is often very helpful (e.g. SQL queries, manipulation of data within Excel)
• Working experience in various technologyenvironments/languages/platforms,such as Java, .NET, Python, R, or Hadoop, to name a few
• Possesses strong hands-on technical skills
• Highly organized self-starter who can deliver results with minimal direction
• Creative and proactive problem solver – ability to quickly grasp what the team needs and offer suggestions above and beyond what they are asking for
• Naturally curious individual with the ability to adapt and become an authority in the various data and systems used by the team
• Strong relationship, team building, and facilitation skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Visio
Posting Date : 06/29/2018
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.