Johnson Controls Software Developer (Advance Analytics) in Chicago, Illinois
Who we are:
ShopperTrak is on a mission: we are revolutionizing the brick and mortar retail world with innovative products that fuel their success. Our path forward includes active exploration of IoT, Computer Vision, Machine (Deep) Learning and other technologies. We believe this is a thrilling journey and providing clarity on our future and empowering people to do their best work is the key to our success. We are inspired by people who are passionate, curious and want to push the envelope on innovation. Around here, our motto is “build great stuff” that helps solve problems for our customers and great things will follow.
Who you are:
You are someone who takes pride in your work, seeks order in chaos, and wants the opportunity to work with your like-minded individuals. You are a leader, not a follower, with an innovative spirit who wants to collaborate with a team of brilliant minds in our quest to build brilliant products.
What you’ll do:
We are working on some challenging problems that require bright minds and grit to help us solve. We work in an agile environment and working with lots of cool toys. We are taking our analytic products “to the cloud” and entering into the arena of big data and the “internet of things”. It is an exciting journey that will allow you to:
Partner with Product Management and Professional Services to understand what types of products we need to build for our customers
Provide creative solutions to complex problems through analysis, beautiful design and behavior and test driven development
Collaborate with your team to produce high quality solutions
Report progress, issues and status at daily and weekly stand-ups
Stay abreast of emerging technologies and new design approaches
Provide technical leadership both within and outside your team.
What you need:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher - Computer Science or equivalent field
· 3 years of software development experience using OO methodologies in designing software solutions for high availability and high performance systems
· 1 years of BI / Big Data & Analytics solutions development experience
· 1 years of one dynamic scripting language (Python, Perl, Unix shell) experience
· Agile software development methodology experience and test-driven development experience
· Take pride in writing clean dependable code
· Strong ability to analyze problems and formulate effective solutions
· Sharp critical thinking skills, including systems and business analysis, problem analysis and resolution, and sound judgment/decision making ability
· Proven ability to work in a rapid release product environment
Impress us with:
Strong understanding of system scalability and performance tuning
Experience working with mobile technologies
Experience working with cloud-based environments
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Software Developer (Advance Analytics)
Requisition ID: WD30044420067