Comcast Senior .Net Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
Led by some of the most innovative, experienced people in the business, FreeWheel Advertisers powers over 1,200 media buying agencies and advertisers, processing more than $50bn per year. Over 7,500 media buyers in the U.S. and Europe rely on us to effectively manage their business. Through a scalable, global platform and open architecture, we offer a flexible system to support all media types in a rapidly changing landscape. As part of FreeWheel, a Comcast Company, we power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces that allow buyers and sellers to transact across all screens, across all data types and all sales channels.
We are ambitious, growing, and looking for engineers who share our passion for technology to build for the future. You will take on challenging tasks that push you as a developer, learn from exceptional teammates, and mentor others through code reviews and technology discussions. You will build excellent end-user experiences while using modern technology and tools to make development a delight. You will be respected for your talent and what you bring to FreeWheel Advertisers.
Are you ready to be part of our team?
When joining us as a senior .NET engineer, you'll be aligned with one of our agile product and development teams, working together with not only other engineers but also with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Architects, QAs, DevOps and Customer support. Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Understand and contribute to your team's product roadmap, coming up with sound technical designs and solutions to challenging problems our users face today or upcoming market trends;
- Collaborate in defining and enforcing best practices and processes for engineers in your team and across our company, and lead in moving our products forward and eliminating technical debt;
- Follow our agile Scrum process, working in sprints together with the rest of the team to ensure timely delivery of work that both satisfies all our user stories criteria and is of sound technical quality;
- Build with our tech stack and tooling which includes, but is not limited to: .NET 4.7, Web API, Entity Framework, Autofac, ReactJS, Typescript, Redux, MS SQL Server, Azure, AWS, GitHub, CI and TDD practices;
- Use the resources we provide to continuously upskill and better yourself, as well as mentor other engineers within the team and help them grow;
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders as part of the full product development lifecycle, gaining deep knowledge of our platform, and particular areas of our clients' business to help you contribute as part of an agile team.
Our people are the most important part of our business, and none more so than our engineers. We are fundamentally looking for bright, enthusiastic problem solvers. People who love a challenge, constantly evaluate and question, and above all, love to ship a product that solves real problems. While these characteristics outweigh any specific technical skills, a successful candidate should be able to demonstrate some of the below:
- Excellent knowledge of ASP.NET and its ecosystem (C# 6.0, Web API, EF, LINQ, etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of OO / SOLID concepts;
- Committed to high quality and easy to maintain code, with experience in unit testing / TDD practices;
- Experienced with designing, implementing, and shipping ASP.NET web applications;
- Passionate about delivering elegant technical solutions that not only meet Client and Product expectations, but are also underpinned by code that is clear, concise, and maintainable beautiful;
- Strive working and collaborating in a multi-disciplines team, where you can work with, learn from, and teach not just Engineers but also Product Managers, QA, UX, etc.;
- Happy to engage in discussion with your fellow engineers to reach the best possible solutions for our technical challenges;
- You are proactive, inquisitive, always looking for a challenge and want to constantly grow as a professional and to grow others around you;
- Having experience with SQL is a plus, in particular Microsoft SQL Server;
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field plus 2 years' experience in Software Development; or Bachelor's degree plus 5 years' experience
As well as working in a fun, friendly and focused environment that is challenging and rewarding on a daily basis, you will also get:
- Health/Rx/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Virtual Doctor Visits
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Paid Family Leave
- Wellness Programs
- 401(k) match up to 6%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Health & Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comcast Courtesy Services within the Comcast footprint
- Free beverages, snacks, coffee, game room, as well as social and community events;
- Access to training platforms such as Pluralsight, Lynda.com and career development programs
- Assemble a team and participate in our Innovation days, where everyone is given free rein to build something that will awe the entire company;
- And many more!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer