Bank of America Senior Credit Officer in Chicago, Illinois
Primary responsibilities include:
· Primary account responsibility for a complex portfolio of Large Corporate clients including General Industries and Consumer & Retail companies.
· Structure complex transactions and negotiate complex credit documentation to mitigate risk appropriately.
· Solid communication and presentation skills; team player with a positive attitude.
· Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry and an assigned portfolio of clients to assess risk solutions that balance risk and return.
· Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Global Banking & Markets product spectrum.
· Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Global Markets and Treasury Management.
· Independently develop high quality credit analysis with a focus on business rationale, key risks, sources of repayment, projections and returns & profitability
· Independently assess, diligence and make justifiable credit recommendations.
· Establish appropriate internal risk ratings for clients and implement accurate adjustments throughout the clients’ credit life cycle.
· Participate in strategic projects to support business goals.
· Informal management responsibility for Analysts and Associates on the team.
· Responsible for driving portfolio asset quality and speed to market
· 7 - 10 years experience in commercial and / or corporate lending environment, with understanding of loans, trading & treasury products
· Able to soundly manage the portfolio and justify rationale for recommended transactions.
· Must have ability to manage the most complex transactions, possess strong credit skills and transaction experience, and demonstrate the ability to work with senior officers, business partners, and clients.
· Must be able to independently lead diligence efforts, make approval recommendations, negotiate loan documentation and execute timely closings
· Requires effective communication style and ability to manage multiple priorities - must be a team player
*We reserve the right to hire at the Director or VP level depending on the candidate's experience*
Posting Date : 02/20/2018
Chicago, IL, 540 W MADISON ST (IL4540),
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.