Bank of America Quantitative Services Professional (Client Valuations) - Chicago, IL in Chicago, Illinois
The Client Valuations Group (CVG) is a global team responsible for the production and distribution of valuations for clients generally across Global Markets pursuant to the Global Client Valuation Policy. CVG is part of Quantitative Services (QS) in the Global Markets Shared Operations (GMSO) organization, and offers exposure to many products, systems, processes and technology, as well as the opportunity to build a substantial cross department/business network with Sales, Trading, Risk, Legal, Compliance and Technology. This role supports the design, development, and implementation of client valuation initiatives across CVG. This role in QS CVG team will support strategic initiatives, drive project delivery and process enhancements, and provide subject matter expertise across the platform(s) and processes leveraged by the CVG in the delivery of client valuation statements. The current opening is for an associate located in Charlotte, with an alternative location of Chicago, and will work in a team setting to ensure successful execution of CVG deliverables.
• Gather requirements across stakeholder groups for relevant strategic platform builds and system / data migrations.
• Perform necessary gap analysis between current and target state processes, platforms, and flows.
• Support the overall project management routines and team / organizational communications.
• Support the identification and documentation of gaps in the operational support and delivery processes across CVG
• Propose alternatives for the remediation of process or control gaps and provide recommendations accordingly.
• Identify and lead opportunities to reduce operational risk and improve process and process capability across the CVG platform.
• Provide representation and a voice for CVG across organizational & system change that impacts delivery of client valuation statements.
• Provide subject matter support for the CVG team across the complete spectrum of products delivered through the client valuation platforms.
• Bring transparency to the myriad of systems and data flow leveraged by the CVG in the delivery of client valuation statements.
The candidate must be very analytical, a self-starter, be very comfortable working independently with significant amounts of data, maintain close attention to detail, have the ability to understand and think critical about process, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and capable of handling multiple priorities. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to have substantive experience with, or exposure to, a broad spectrum of financial products and build strong working relationships with stakeholders including the Global CVG Team, Technology, Legal, Compliance, and other business partners. Candidates are expected to demonstrate the capacity to lead and driving change and change management processes across a global and complex organization.
• Advanced degree (MS, MBA) preferred in Business, Finance, Economics or related preferred,
• At least 3 years of experience working in a quantitative risk, middle office, front office, or operations role
• Several years of experience working with a broad range of OTC derivative and fixed income financial products (e.g. Interest Rates Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Equity Derivatives, FX, Commodities, Corporates, Muni’s, ABS, CMBS, CDO, CLO)
• Ability to transform large amounts of data and information into concise presentations with sound business conclusions and recommendations
• Demonstrated success deliver high quality output in an uncertain environment in a large complex financial institution
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret large amounts of information and its conceptualize the impact across operational processes
• Strong technical skills including experience using Excel, VBA and SQL
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience with MIS at large bank
CFA and / or FRM is a plus
Knowledge of the current banking regulatory environment
Python programming experience
Posting Date : 05/30/2018
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
Charlotte, NC, International Trade Center, 200 N College St,
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.